LA QUINTA INN & SUITES BY WYNDHAM LOUISVILLE EAST
Exciting opportunity in Louisville, KY managing a brand new hotel in this dynamic market with base salary as advertised PLUS exciting bonus opportunities and benefits package.
The General Manager has overall responsibility for the sales and operations of this midscale limited-service hotel and team. A successful General Manager is a hands-on leader who knows how to drive revenue by exceptional customer service and quality room stays, while creating a team that enjoys coming to work each day. The GM focuses on Quality, Compliance, Service, Team, Profit and Sales. Their primary responsibilities are to execute existing systems to maximize profitability, ensure superior service, drive brand standards, quality, guest satisfaction, safety and security processes, hotel performance, and the development of people.
We will support you and give you the resources you need to build and lead a great team. Each of our hotels is award-winning for quality and customer service excellence. If you are motivated by being the best, working hard and having fun, please apply today.
- Lead our full team Morning Room Preparation process each morning (a physical and energetic time of group effort to set the day's housekeeping and maintenance team up for success). The GM is in every room that is cleaned each day
- Participate in a daily and direct hands-on way, leading the operations of the housekeeping and front desk teams
- Interview, hire, coach and train staff; handle terminations when necessary
- Facilitate sales lead management processes within the hotel. Provide inspiration (or motivation) to the sales support to team
- Oversee tracking of leads and results, follow up to ensure sales leads are actively managed and developed
- Maintain relationships with target accounts. Sustain and retain pieces of business that are core business
- Take ownership of sales calls on accounts
- Ensure a super clean room by inspections and training. No room is sold until it has been verified to meet quality standards
- Lead our sales efforts by building a culture of extraordinary customer service
- Ensure that all safety and security processes are executed to keep our employees, guests and building safe and secure
- Administer and the hotel revenue and expense budgets, vendor relationships, sourcing of contracts etc.
- Embrace our Winning Ways systems and be the first to bring forth areas of opportunities to improve
- Analyze Profit and Loss and General Ledger statements
- Manage the daily, weekly, monthly duties for the hotel's online Property Management, Rate Management, Accounting, Human Resources and Sales Software systems
- Reply to reviews in a timely manner and handle guest issues and complaints to ensure guest satisfaction
- Manage schedule, and review and approve the hotel payroll
- Review room rate and inventory management to ensure maximization of room revenue
- Recruit, hire, train, counsel and motivate team members.
- Ensure proper delivery of guest special requests
- Drive superior guest satisfaction and manage online reviews and feedback
- Inspect rooms according to quality standards for cleanliness and proper preventative maintenance
- Execute hotel programs to assure that the quality program criteria are met
- Ensure all team members are trained to act competently in the event of an emergency or accident at the hotel
- Ensure a viable key control program is in place in all hotel departments.
- Ensure team members follow appropriate cash control procedures
- Ensure the security needs of the property and guests are met
- Conduct regular team and sales meetings seeking feedback and providing motivation with solutions
- Respond to requests from immediate supervisor.
- Weekly conference calls and monthly site visits from owners and management company representatives.
- This challenging position has overall responsibility for managing the operations of the hotel to maximize profitability, ensure superior service and product quality, and drive brand and value initiatives, hotel performance, and the development of people
- Do whatever it takes to make this hotel successful!!!
- Minimum 2-3 Years consistent management experience
- Great communication and problem-solving skills
- A high degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Computer proficiency
- Willingness and ability to work hard
- Exceptional attitude and attention to detail
- Ability to work within a budget and pay bills in a timely manner
- Desire to meet/exceed high standards
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Front desk management ability and availability to cover shifts when needed
- Hotel management experience a big plus
$70,000 - $75,000 yearly plus bonus
About LA QUINTA INN & SUITES BY WYNDHAM LOUISVILLE EAST
We have a beautiful new property and are currently building a strong team that is focused on providing a top-notch guest experience.