We’re looking for a positive and professional hotel front desk agent to deliver an exceptional experience to every guest at our hotel. You’ll welcome guests, manage their information, distribute their keys and room assignments, and answer any general inquiries to ensure they have an excellent stay with us. The ideal candidate has brilliant communication skills, a strong work ethic, and a commitment to guest satisfaction. If this sounds like you, apply today!
- Take incoming calls, online and in-person room bookings requests, and answer questions about guests’ needs involving room rates, available rooms, amenities, rewards programs, and special requests
- Welcome, register, check-in, and check out guests staying at the hotel, provide keys and room numbers, and record credit card information
- Field customer complaints when necessary
- Connect with the housekeeping department to ensure guest accommodations are ready
- General bookkeeping: ensure all hotel guest account information is accurate and up-to-date
- Displays impeccable interpersonal, time management, organizational skills, and customer service skills
- At least one year of hospitality industry experience as a hotel front desk agent or similar position preferred
- High school graduate, GED recipient, or equivalent
- Comfortable taking telephone calls and mitigating stressful situations
- Has previous experience or working knowledge of Microsoft Office and reservation management systems
- Must have prior Hospitality experience. IHG experience is a PLUS
- Opera experience is a plus
$12 - $14 hourly
About Hotel Indigo
The Hotel Indigo Birmingham is located in a landmark Art Deco-style building dating from the early 1930s in the city's historic Five Points South neighborhood. Originally designed for medical offices and across from the first apothecary in Birmingham, the building became a hotel in the 1980s, but still retains its original medical insignia etched above the elevator doors. The hotel's design acknowledges the building's rich history, while incorporating modern amenities, like hardwood floors, spa-inspired showers, luxury bath amenities and linens. We're also adding some exciting (and tasty) options to an area already known as one of the city's premier dining and entertainment districts. The Rx Lounge pays homage to the medical apothecary theme and provides prescriptions in the form of food and beverage curated by acclaimed Chef Niko Romero.