We are searching for an enthusiastic, service-focused hotel front desk agent to join our guest services team. You’ll welcome guests, manage accounts, answer inquiries and field complaints to ensure we deliver an excellent experience to every guest. You will bring excellent communication skills and a passion for putting our guests first. If you love interacting with people in a positive work environment, apply now!
- Perform regular bookkeeping duties: make sure hotel guest information is current and correct
- Answer incoming calls and questions about guests’ needs in-person and online regarding room bookings, room rates, amenities, available rooms, rewards programs, and special requests
- Handle customer complaints as necessary
- Give every guest a warm welcome, check them in, and check them out when they leave, ensuring you provide correct keys and room numbers
- Work with the housekeeping staff to ensure rooms are ready for new guests
- At least one year of hospitality industry experience as a hotel front desk agent or similar position preferred
- Well-versed in taking telephone calls and handling stressful situations
- Possesses strong customer service skills, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and time management skills
- High school graduate, GED recipient, or equivalent
- Has previous experience or working knowledge of Microsoft Office and reservation management systems
$15 - $17 hourly
About The Ellery
The Ellery is your home to enjoy the historic charm and natural beauty of Northampton, a vibrant city infused with culture and surrounded by a constellation of top-notch schools. Our colonial-style hotel with thoughtful interior decor puts you steps from Smith College’s campus and a downtown brimming with shops, cafes and entertainment.