We are searching for an enthusiastic, service-focused hotel front desk agent to join our guest services team. You’ll welcome guests, manage accounts, answer inquiries, and field complaints to ensure we deliver an excellent experience to every guest. You will bring excellent communication skills and a passion for putting our guests first. If you love interacting with people in a positive work environment, apply now!
- Bookkeeping: keep accurate records of all hotel guest account information
- Communicate with housekeeping to make sure guest rooms are ready
- Give every guest a warm welcome, check them in, and check them out when they leave, ensuring you provide correct keys and room numbers
- Manage room bookings in-person, online, and through incoming calls, and answer inquiries about guests’ needs, including questions about available rooms, amenities, room rates, special requests, and rewards programs
- Field customer complaints when necessary
- Comfortable taking telephone calls and mitigating stressful situations
- Exhibits working knowledge of Microsoft Office and reservation management systems
- Must have graduated high school, received a GED or equivalent
- 1 year of experience in the hospitality industry as a hotel front desk agent, hotel receptionist, or guest service specialist preferred
- Excellent time management skills, organizational skills, customer service skills, and interpersonal skills
About Hotel Felix
As downtown Chicago’s first hotel to enjoy Silver LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification from the U.S. Green Building Council, our four-star hotel has mastered the art of combining luxury and sustainability.
At the corner of Clark and Huron Streets, step past our vintage façade into a lobby that feels worlds apart from the urban bustle.
Elements of earth, wind, water, and fire create an immediate sense of relaxation and wellbeing, with contemporary furnishings and a glass fireplace lending a stylish yet cozy feel.