We are searching for an enthusiastic, service-focused hotel front desk agent to join our guest services team. You’ll welcome guests, manage accounts, answer inquiries and field complaints to ensure we deliver an excellent experience to every guest. You will bring excellent communication skills and a passion for putting our guests first. If you love interacting with people in a positive work environment, apply now!
- Greet, check-in, and check out guests when they arrive and leave the premises, distribute keys and room assignments, and record credit card information
- Field customer complaints when necessary
- Communicate with housekeeping to make sure guest rooms are ready
- General bookkeeping: ensure all hotel guest account information is accurate and up-to-date
- Manage room bookings in-person, online, and through incoming calls, and answer inquiries about guests’ needs, including questions about available rooms, amenities, room rates, special requests, and rewards programs
- Displays impeccable interpersonal, time management, organizational skills, and customer service skills
- At least one year of hospitality industry experience as a hotel front desk agent or similar position preferred
- Has experience answering telephone calls and troubleshooting stressful situations
- Must have graduated high school, received a GED or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and reservation management systems
$11 per hour
About avid Hotel
At the Avid in Staunton, we believe our employees are our most precious asset and the foundation of our past and future successes. We are a growing company with a focus on Select Service, Franchised properties located in Virginia.
Our employees become an extension of our family and we make every effort to provide the tools, training, and experience to help them grow in the hospitality industry.