The Hotel Portsmouth
Do you have a passion for service and love to put a smile on people’s faces? Then you might be an excellent fit for our Hotel Front Desk Agent on our guest services team! You’ll welcome guests, manage their account information, and ensure they have everything they need for an exceptional stay. Job seekers interested in working in a high-energy environment with growth opportunities and flexible hours should start their application today!
- General bookkeeping: ensure all hotel guest account information is accurate and up-to-date
- Communicate with housekeeping to make sure guest rooms are ready
- Answer incoming calls and questions about guests’ needs in-person and online regarding room bookings, room rates, amenities, available rooms, rewards programs, and special requests
- Give every guest a warm welcome, check them in, and check them out when they leave, ensuring you provide correct keys and room numbers
- Field customer complaints when necessary
- Assist in maintaining continental breakfast in the mornings
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and reservation management systems
- Well-versed in taking telephone calls and handling stressful situations
- 1 year of experience in the hospitality industry as a hotel front desk agent, hotel receptionist, or guest service specialist preferred
- Displays impeccable interpersonal, time management, organizational skills, and customer service skills
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
$16 - $17 hourly
About The Hotel Portsmouth
Portsmouth's favorite downtown hotel! Unique among Portsmouth NH hotels, we are grand, yet boutique. Gracious and welcoming. Our boutique Portsmouth NH hotel offers all the amenities of a large hotel with the irrepressible charm of a bed and breakfast.
Looking for the strongest cup of fresh-brewed joe? Need a recommendation for the tastiest lobster roll on the docks? The Hotel Portsmouth staff has the inside scoop on all of the local hotspots, with most located just a leisurely stroll from our front steps.
Come experience modern hospitality in a historic setting at The Hotel Portsmouth: we know what you're looking for.