Retreat Hotels and Resorts
We’re looking for a positive and professional hotel front desk agent to deliver an exceptional experience to every guest at our hotel. This hotel is currently under construction and slated to open in the summer of 2022. This job offers an interesting opportunity to be a part of this brand-new hotel’s pre-opening process! Once opened, you’ll welcome guests, manage their information, distribute their keys and room assignments, and answer any general inquires to ensure they have an outstanding stay with us. The ideal candidate has excellent communication and organizational skills, a strong work ethic, and a commitment to guest satisfaction.
Both part-time and full-time positions are available.
- Greet guests with a warm and sincere greeting. Check-in and check-out guests when they arrive and leave the hotel, distribute keys, and room assignments, and record payment information.
- Manage room bookings in-person, online, and through incoming calls, and answer inquires about guests’ needs, including questions about available rooms, amenities, room rates, special requests, and rewards programs.
- Mitigate guest complaints to ensure their stay is unmatched
- Coordinate with housekeeping to ensure rooms are ready for new guests.
- Inform guests about the hotel’s facilities, policies, and procedures.
- Possess a positive and upbeat personality and desire to deliver outstanding service to our guests.
- Excellent time management skills, organizational skills, customer service skills, and interpersonal skills
- Has experience answering telephone calls and troubleshooting stressful situations
- 1 year of experience in the hospitality industry as a hotel front desk agent, hotel receptionist, or guest service specialist preferred
- Must have graduated high school, received a GED or equivalent
- Has previous experience or working knowledge of Microsoft Office and reservation management systems
$14 - $16 hourly
About Retreat Hotels and Resorts
Retreat Hotels and Resorts turns striking visions into reality by developing, owning, and operating hotels. Retreat Hotels started in 1985 when it renovated and operated the historic Jekyll Island Club on Jekyll Island, GA. Since then, Retreat has been involved in several new hotel developments. Retreat has a three-fold mission:
- Create an unrivaled guest experience, where guests return year after year.
- Be a responsible member of the community and proactively protect and preserve the environment.
- Provide a warm and inviting place to work where hard work, creativity, and ethical practices are rewarded--a place where employees want a career that can last a lifetime.