Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis North
Are you seeking a new position in the hotel industry where you can demonstrate your culinary expertise? Our busy hotel is looking for a banquet cook that is uncompromising in their commitment to client satisfaction and offering an excellent banquet event experience for our guests. You'll lead the effort to prep, prepare, and plate meals for banquet space and provide options that match their needs and budgets. We require someone with an exceptional skill set and assure the best quality of hotel services. Our ideal candidate has at least three years of experience in the realm of batch cooking. Apply today if this sounds like an exciting opportunity!
- Document the outcome of each event to assess and make improvements on future events and processes
- Communicate all event orders to on-site banquet staff members, so they are aware of their roles and obligations
- Develop policies, procedures, quality standards, and cost-saving measures within the department to continuously improve the customer-focused banquet area
- Ensure a quality product is provided by communicating with clients about banquet event options that match their budget, and go over any adjustments, questions, or concerns
- Supervise the daily operations of the banquet are, including ordering supplies, overseeing event space set-up, and selecting staffing levels to provide an exceptional level of service
- Set up cooking stations and fill them with all of the essential preparation items for a shift
- Grill, broil, or saute menu items according to standard recipes and presentation specifications
- Demonstrate professional and pleasant demeanor when interacting with visitors, vendors, and associates
- Adhere to established storage and waste control standards for meats, vegetables, fruits, and dairy products to ensure quality food is served
- Keep all workstations, counters, cooking equipment, and refrigerators clean and sanitary according to health and safety rules
- 3+ years managing a team in a hospitality role or equivalent culinary role
- Strong computer skills, especially MS Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint) are needed
- Display excellent communication skills with clients and coworkers
- This role requires a strong emphasis on putting the guest first and providing exceptional customer service
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience. Higher education degree in hospitality or hospitality management is a plus
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills
- Possesses a strong work ethic and have high attention to detail
- Candidates must have completed high school or received similar certification such as a GED
- Display excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and coworkers
- Must be able to meet all safety and sanitation requirements of kitchen equipment and food storage
$17 - $17.50 hourly
About Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis North
At Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis North we know it is the people that create the experience. So, we care about our people. As such, we believe in providing care to both our guests and associates. Enjoy an engaging work environment, and empowerment to be your best.
Benefits: Full-time, includes health, dental, and vision at some of the lowest rates in the country. As a company, Encore Enterprises pays half of your insurance benefits by providing a 50% contribution to full-time employees.
The hotel has many benefits as well - Hilton Hotel discounts (some hotel discounts as low as $39 a night!), Travel discounts, 50% off all food at any Hilton Hotel, monthly bonuses for great Service Scores, and more! We are a partially renovated hotel looking for great personalities to be the face of the relic Embassy Suites Indianapolis North.