Fairlane Hotel is looking for Banquet Captain. Sign on Bonus of $250 at 30 days and 90 days.
The primary purpose of the Banquet Captain is to provide guests with an excellent banquet experience, by planning and implementing the serving details for the event.
The Banquet Captain will be tasked with the following duties, responsibilities, and assignments:
- Directs setting up for tables correctly and uniformly in assigned area using clean pressed linen, clean unspotted silverware, clean china with no chips or cracks, clean unspotted glassware;
- Confirm the table complements (salt, pepper, sugar, breadbaskets, etc.) have been properly cleaned and filled;
- Plans the serving order and orchestrates its completion in a timely, quiet and courteous manner;
- Ensures the servers are ready to serve the meal when it's prepared;
- Set-ups, serves and/or breaks down coffee breaks, receptions, other special functions as assigned;
- Maintain communication with the guest contact person for guest needs;
- Set-up, operate and dismantle audio-visual equipment;
- Be familiar with and maintain knowledge of maintenance and usage of all Audio-Visual equipment;
- Able to understand departmental forecasting to ensure appropriate staff levels;
- Assist F&B Leadership with scheduling, training staff, and inventory;
- Ensures service standards are being followed and takes corrective action when they are not;
- Guide, direct, and motivate banquet staff;
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures, including reporting accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to management.
- Any and all other work as required to complete the primary purpose of the position.
- Required prior experience
- Previous customer service experience
- Six months of banquet food service experience
- Prior leadership experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Required Licenses/ Certification:
- Food Safety certificate or complete training during initial 90 days.
- Alcohol certification or complete training during initial 90 days.
- Ability to lift, pull and push up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to bend and squat repeatedly. Ability to walk and stand for duration of scheduled shift
- Must be flexible to working days, early mornings, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
About Fairlane Hotel
Where timeless style meets modern sensibility, and service reigns supreme, the Fairlane Hotels creates a beautiful and vibrant setting for your stay with just the right balance of luxury and rebellious spirit.
Welcome to the Music City — Nashville, Tennessee
All full-time employees are eligible for:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
- 401K/401K match
- Paid monthly parking subscription(where applicable)
- Employee discounts at all properties