stayAPT Suites Montgomery
We are looking for an experienced assistant general manager with solid leadership abilities who can grow with us. You will collaborate with our general manager to plan and oversee the hotel's daily operations, and assume the GM responsibilities in their absence. This position is responsible for managing employees and ensuring our guests have a 5-star experience with our services. Our ideal candidate is passionate about customer service while also maintaining the hotel's budget and quality standards. You must have 3 years of management experience in the hospitality industry, and a bachelor's degree in hospitality management is strongly preferred. Apply today if this sounds like an exciting new opportunity for you!
- Verify that all local, state, and federal laws and regulations, as well as any business or brand-specific policies and procedures, are followed
- Collaborate with department heads and the general manager to develop an annual budget, and assess performance throughout the year, making modifications as needed to preserve profitability
- Empower the human resources department to increase efforts for turnover management, employee motivation, and employee growth and retention by providing support
- Consult with the general manager to ensure that all guest service standards are met daily
- Analyze the performance of each department, report any problem areas, and make recommendations to improve profitability for hotel operations
- Must have at least 3 or more years of experience in the hospitality field
- Must have a strong focus on putting the guest first with exceptional customer service experience
- A high school diploma or GED, and a bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in hospitality management or a related field
- Previous experience managing a team is required; preferably in a hospitality role such as department manager
- Showcase exceptional organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills
About stayAPT Suites Montgomery
stayAPT Suites entered the long-term lodging market with an announcement of its new hotel concept in January 2020. The new brand, which will have over 20 hotels open by the end of 2022, with an additional 15+ in development, offers guests an experience not yet seen in its category. The room layout for each 500+ square-foot suite was intentionally designed to feel residential, with a dedicated living room, a full kitchen, and a separate bedroom. With a strong corporate financial backing and an experienced executive team in place, the Matthews, North Carolina-based chain is committed to building a portfolio of 100 corporate-owned hotels, in addition to franchising. Learn more at www.stayAPT.com.