Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati Downtown
We're searching for an experienced assistant general manager to help our general manager plan and oversee the hotel's day-to-day operations. When the general manager is unavailable, you will be in charge of supervising personnel, dealing with client problems, and ensuring that our customers enjoy a 5-star experience. Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic about providing exceptional customer service while adhering to hotel budget and quality standards. A bachelor's degree in hospitality management and three years of managerial experience in the hospitality business are strongly preferred. Apply now if this seems like an exciting new opportunity to you!
- Propose adjustments that will increase hotel profitability by assessing department performance and identifying issue areas
- Empower the human resources department to increase efforts for turnover management, employee motivation, and employee growth and retention by providing support
- Create the yearly hotel budget in collaboration with the general manager and department heads, and assess and adjust performance throughout the year to stay profitable
- Support the general manager in the daily operation of the hotel to ensure that all guest service standards are met
- Manage compliance with company or brand established policies and procedures and any local, state, and federal laws and regulations
This position will also be involved in the interviewing and hiring of new associates, as well as disciplinary measures. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of three years of management experience as well as the ability to demonstrate leadership and professional image to associates and guests. Must be able to work a flexible work schedule as the hours for this management position will vary.
- You must have a high school diploma or GED; bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, or a related field
- Showcase exceptional organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Must have at least 3 or more years of experience in the hospitality field
- Previous experience managing a team is required; preferably in a hospitality role such as department manager
- Proven customer service experience as a manager; strong guest-focused mentality
About Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati Downtown
Founded in 2005, Rolling Hills Hospitality operates 15 hotel properties with a central focus on exceeding the expectations of its guests. Rolling Hills Hospitality has positioned itself as one of the premier hotel development and management firms in the region by embodying high operational standards while achieving a simplicity that can be applied to any business model. Through our management agreements, we are responsible for hiring, training, and leading over 300 employees throughout the Ohio Valley. Rolling Hills Hospitality currently maintains upstanding relationships with the nation’s top hotel companies, including Marriott, Hilton, IHG, and Hyatt. Built on the principle of “if we take care of our employees then our employees will take care of our guests,” our goal is to create a fun working environment for our employees so that we are positioned for growth and excitement for years to come.