The Sand Dunes
The Area General Manager is responsible for the overall success of the three hotels, Beach House, Starlight, and Sand Dunes, meeting or exceeding planned objectives for revenue and profit, ensuring superior service is provided to all guests and product quality standards are met in an attentive, friendly, and welcoming manner. He or she directly supervises all other year-round or seasonal managers, guaranteeing communication and follow-up between on-site departments and the Lark Hotels home office. The Area General Manager is expected to be onsite at each property consistently throughout the week and the year, and to leverage personnel and resources strategically to reduce the operating costs and improve the efficacy of the overall collection. If this describes you, apply today!
- The high quality care, well-being and overall recognition of our guests. Making sure that each guest experience exceeds expectations. Interfacing with guests on a daily basis and resolving any concerns that may arise.
- Directly oversee the facility operations including guest services, housekeeping, maintenance, sales, food and beverage, catering and events, and human resources.
- Directly supervise all managers and line level staff to ensure proper completion of all duties while adhering to specific property and Lark Hotels policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of above departmental employees while working in conjunction with the RM – Lark Hotels to ensure resolution to any and all employee related challenges or concerns across department lines while adhering to the property and Lark Hotels’ policies.
- Foster a positive and cooperative work environment between staff and management. Maintain effective and efficient communication across departments
- High school diploma or equivalent GED; degree in hospitality or related field of study preferred
- 5+ years of experience working in a hotel or the hospitality industry required
- Must have superb communication skills, organizational skills, and problem-solving skills
- Must have a strong focus on putting the guest first with exceptional customer service experience
- Previous experience as a hotel manager, assistant manager, or hotel department manager required
About The Sand Dunes
The Sand Dunes is a family-owned property where southern hospitality is still alive. Where providing an ambiance for our guests to have an enjoyable and memorable stay is our goal. We supply many in-room amenities for your convenience.
To cool off and relax, we have a large swimming pool with chaise lounges, chairs, and an umbrella table with chairs. We are on the beautiful Atlantic Ocean with some of the best views available.