The Hotel Salem
We are seeking a Host/Hostess for our location in Salem, MA, The Hotel Salem. Our Host/Hostess team are the first people the guest sees and the last: they are the face of the restaurant! As a host/hostess, you will be a member of a cohesive team that works towards the common goal of a great guest experience. This individual will be responsible for serving our guests with unparalleled hospitality to create unforgettable guest and team member experiences every day! If this sounds like you, please apply today!
Perks of the job:
- Great pay
- Flexible Schedules
- Growth Opportunities
- Work as a team to coordinate service between first floor restaurant The Counter and our rooftop restaurant The Roof
- Utilize technology to make reservations, operate a wait, and assist guests, all while maintaining a personal touch with the guest.
- Welcome guests warmly by opening the door, smiling and making eye contact as they enter the restaurant
- Seat guests at their own pace, handing the appropriate menu(s) to each guest after they’re seated.
- Communicate with servers and managers regarding availability of tables, seating of large parties, or special requests so that guests receive seamless service.
- Handle guests’ complaints by listening to their concerns, always informing a manager, and resolving issues PLUS ONE to ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Help other departments as need running food, bussing tables, and a variety of other tasks in the goal of great guest service
- Ability to communicate (speak, read, and write) in English
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment
About The Hotel Salem
The Hotel Salem is a vibrant and one-of-a-kind accommodation on the North Shore of Boston. This 44-room boutique Salem hotel is in the middle of the action on the bustling Essex Street pedestrian mall in the city center. Salem's only seasonal rooftop bar and restaurant, offers delicious cocktails, unique tacos, and a raw bar—all served with a view.