Our law firm is hiring a Litigation Associate Attorney with a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in Fort Lauderdale. Applicants without the required experience will not be considered. Below is more information about the requirements, qualifications, and job description associated with the job opening.
Are you passionate about helping people?
Are you an experienced attorney with litigation experience? Do you want to work at a firm where your work really matters? This is not the typical small law firm! Our enterprising law firm is small enough that everyone is a critical part of the team, yet big enough to offer the security and benefits you want. Work where you know the Owner, have daily interaction with clients and help us grow the firm.
You will be responsible for managing your own caseload. To be a key player on our team, you must be dedicated to excellence and hard work, but also know how to collaborate with a paralegal team well.
- Appear in court on behalf of insurance clients during legal proceedings to argue motions
- Analyze insurance client needs to identify solutions, and determine strong case arguments
- Prepare all necessary legal documents for policyholders and cases, including briefs, motions, pleadings, and correspondence
- Conduct legal research, audit for coverage issues, and draft legal documents to develop and implement winning defense strategies for cases
- Must have some experience with legal research programs such as Westlaw and Lexis
- Demonstrated capability to handle heavy caseload with minimal supervision is essential
- Previous experience working in the insurance industry and prior insurance coverage experience or insurance defense litigation experience in an insurance law firm is required
- Graduation from law school with Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree and experience representing clients for a minimum of two years
Required Technical and Case Management Skills:
- Must have 2-3 years of litigation experience. Insurance experience preferred
- Responsible for own caseload with little to no supervision
- Capable of determining case strategy
- Able to handle motion hearing calendar, evidentiary, and summary judgment hearings
- Able to handle taking and defending depositions
- Able to handle mediation
- Trial experience is a plus
- Tracking of billable hours
- Management of case status and report to supervising attorney on a weekly basis
- Regularly update clients on the status of the case
- Conveys confidence in-person and on the phone
- Significant amount of court appearance required
- Shows empathy to clients and puts them at ease during their difficult time
- Treats a call at 4:30 on Friday with the same care and compassion as one on Monday morning
- Demonstrates exceptional communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Case management system
- Database entry
- Inbound sales experience is a plus
- A go-getter with a strong work ethic
About Shupe Dhawan
If you join our team you will get to work in a supportive, fun, and exciting workplace. In addition, you will receive the following:
- A minimum of 18 (PTO and Holidays) paid days off within your first year after a 90-day probationary period.
- Job training and support.
Who are we?
We are a multi-practice, statewide Florida law firm. We are growing rapidly. The firm has a stellar reputation in the community and we only hire the best. You'll be on a team of amazing coworkers who always have your back.
We have built a firm where we'd like to work so that you will too!