Are you an experienced, detail-oriented mortgage loan processor who can successfully aid applicants in navigating the mortgage lending process? If so, we are looking for you! We are currently seeking a skilled and high-producing mortgage processor to work with the mortgage loan officers on our team. If you’re interested in a dynamic position on a well-established and successful lending team, look no further; apply today!
- Assemble and submit loan packages to the lender underwriters for approval or denial
- Order property and loan documentation such as appraisals, inspections, title searches, site surveys, contracts, and property tax records to help process mortgage loan files
- Work with the borrower to gather financial information such as credit reports, verify the accuracy to determine creditworthiness, and complete the mortgage loan application
- Ensure loan files meet lending and regulatory guidelines and policies
- Input detailed loan process documentation in our system - from origination to close
- Review income, credit, assets, and property information against guidelines to ensure eligibility for the desired loan program
- Submit for loan approval and gather/review all outstanding loan conditions
- Submit, process, and close loans according to company guidelines and time frames.
- Gather and review documentation for the loan—pre-underwriting to ensure all documents submitted are accurate and relevant.
- Documentation may include: Title documentation.
- Communicate effectively with lenders, loan officers, title company, jr. processors, etc.
- Work with the Loan Officers to ensure all conditions are obtained in a timely fashion
- Order and review appraisals
- Review and approve all closing documentation sent by lenders
- Schedule closing of loans
- Satisfy any conditions required for funding of the loan
- Order loan documents and coordinate with third-party escrow companies for a Timely Closing
- Prioritize and monitor daily workflow in order to ensure all loans meet contractual contingency and closing deadlines with pro-active communication to referral partners and clients in accordance with company timeline expectations
- Assume responsibility and ownership of the loans in your personal pipeline
- Stay current on all guidelines and program changes
- At least 2 years of loan processing experience required
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High school diploma or GED required - Associate’s degree in accounting, finance, or business preferred
- Mortgage lending experience and loan knowledge required, specifically with FHA, FHLB, FNMA, or VA loans
- Strong analytical and time management skills and superior attention to detail
- Understanding of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac guidelines
- FHA/VA experience is strongly preferred
- Current knowledge of federal and state disclosure guidelines
- Current understanding and knowledge of compliance, TRID, RESPA, etc.
- Technology savvy- proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Office Suite, Desktop Underwriter, and Loan Prospector
- Ability and experience working with Encompass or Calyx
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Advanced ability to analyze complex tax returns to calculate income for all types of borrowers accurately
- Demonstrate high volume productivity
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and work efficiently under pressure
- Must be a team player and work well with both Sales and Operations Staff providing utmost levels of customer service and an open line of communication
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong desire to help build relationships with Realtors and Borrowers
- Ability to problem solve and work independently
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Positive attitude and self-motivation are critical
$35,000 - $75,000
LENDSPIRE is a local Chattanooga based mortgage company that leverages technology to provide the most efficient, seamless, and cost-effective mortgage process for the consumer.