Bristol Bay Construction Holdings LLC
Bristol Bay Construction Holdings LLC (BBCH) is growing! We are seeking a Heavy Equipment Operator to join our SES Civil & Environmental (SCE) team, a subsidiary of BBCH. In this critical role, you'll be operating multiple types of heavy equipment in civil construction such as excavators and bulldozers of all sizes to excavate, move and grade materials within finish specifications, and install/erect structures in a safe and efficient manner. If you enjoy an EXCELLENT work culture and great benefits, apply today!
Per Diem offered!
- Observe and comply with all company and site-specific safety and project policies. Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
- Provide input to Activity Hazard Analysis or Job Safety Analysis development.
- Perform daily pre-inspection and on-going maintenance checks while operating equipment.
- Operate all heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life according to all relevant policies and procedures.
- Excavate, move, and grade earth/aggregate or mix ingredients according to site specifications and within the limitations of equipment in a safe and productive manner as determined by site construction conditions.
- Achieve acceptable rough and finish grades in all types of soils and conditions.
- Constant inspection and surveillance of surroundings before and during operation to ensure safe ground or slope conditions exist, as well as adequate distance observed for other equipment or personnel.
- Communicate with others by all means possible (visible or radio contact) including interpreting hand signals to determine where materials are to be placed or loaded.
- Perform duties efficiently and safely under direction of Foreman, Site Superintendent, or other responsible field/project management.
- Assist in lifting, positioning and securing of materials/work pieces during installation and for the care and custody of equipment being operated, including daily cleaning and maintenance, and reporting all equipment maintenance issues to Superintendent.
- High School Diploma/General Education Diploma (GED) or demonstrated proficiency in required tasks.
- 5 years of experience in heavy equipment operations and civil construction.
- Experience operating loaders, rubber-tired backhoes, excavators, and dozers including material handling and grading.
- Experience using Personal Protective Equipment.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations regarding excavation methods and practices.
- Ability to read and adequately interpret load charts for associated heavy equipment, and manufacturer-approved attachments and read survey stakes for alignment and grading.
- Must be willing to function as a general laborer when needed.
- Current First Aid/CPR.
- 40-hr HAZWOPER preferred, but not required.
Minimum Physical Requirements
- Mobility to access multiple site locations as needed
- Lifting up to 75 pounds and standing for extended periods of time
- Ability to use respiratory protection, protective clothing, and equipment as required.
$22.00 - $35.00 hourly
About Bristol Bay Construction Holdings LLC
Our vision at BBCH LLC is to be industry leaders for energy, environmental, and infrastructure solutions through sustainable growth, commitment to excellent performance, and continuous innovation. At the heart of our core values, vision, and mission are our people.
We offer a great benefits package complete with medical, dental, vision, and FSA; 401K matching; profit sharing; and paid time off (PTO). We want you to want to come to work.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to any protected category. We are also an advocate of preferential hiring and professional development of qualified Bristol Bay Native Corporation shareholders, their spouses and descendants, and Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.