Wayne's Automotive and Towing Center
Our growing auto body shop seeks a mechanic to join our talented team of auto mechanics and service technicians. The ideal candidate should be comfortable assessing vehicle components ranging from electronic systems to air conditioning units. Maintenance work experience, manual dexterity, and communication skills are required. Apply today if you are eager to take on the mechanic duties that will drive our shop forward!
Top pay and sign-on bonus available for the top qualified candidate. Five-day work week. Holiday, vacation, and retirement benefits packages. Must have a clean driving record
- Maintain accurate customer records for vehicles’ repairs, parts, maintenance histories, and more
- Preparing estimates, timelines, and other necessary documents for auto repairs
- Collaborate with supervisors and fellow auto mechanics to diagnose and repair vehicles’ mechanical issues
- Complete preventive maintenance work on vehicles, including oil changes, air conditioning service, filling fluids, and replacing brake pads, spark plugs, and batteries
- Engaging in learning opportunities to update job knowledge and technical skills
Performing PMs and diagnostic repairs on mixed company fleet vehicles. Including light-duty trucks through heavy-duty trucks and diesel as well. We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude to work on all types of equipment and vehicles. Must be experienced.
- Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
- Inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
- Schedule future maintenance sessions and advise motorists on good vehicle use
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues (e.g. leaks)
- Maintain equipment and tools in good condition
- Strong manual dexterity and proficiency with hand tools and other repair shop equipment is necessary
- A valid driver’s license is necessary
- Associate’s degree from a vocational program, technical school, or community college is preferred - ASE certification is a big bonus
- Excellent work ethic, listening, problem-solving, and communication skills are desired
- Proven experience as a truck mechanic
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and electronic components of vehicles
- Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
- Ability to handle various tools (e.g. pliers) and heavy equipment (e.g. lift)
- Willingness to observe all safety precautions for protection against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals, etc
- A high school diploma is preferred
$25 - $35 hourly
About Wayne's Automotive and Towing Center
Ranging from fuel, cargo trans-load, underwater recovery, traffic management, and other various job scopes.
We are committed to providing our customers with quick, professional, courteous service at an affordable price when you need it most in Georgia and South Carolina. We are Wreckmaster and Hazmat Certified and are a member of the South Carolina and Georgia Towing and Recovery Association. We are available 24/7 for your light, medium, and heavy-duty towing/hauling, incident response, and needs. When those unfortunate occasions arise & you find yourself in need of a tow/haul or help during an unneeded disaster, we are here to serve you! Just give us a call! "Big or Small We Remediatel It All Like It Never Happened."