We are searching for an analytically-minded auto mechanic to help repair and keep track of our FedEx Ground trucks with their vehicles’ performance, structure, appearance, and functionality. Our ideal candidate is comfortable keeping track of the vehicles’ performance and maintenance history. You’ll be tasked with inspecting automobiles’ mechanical components, systems, and parts to determine their necessary fixes. You’ll also maintain repair shop equipment and prepare cost estimates. If you’re an automotive professional with adequate knowledge of automotive repairs, please apply today!
- Generating repair estimates, timelines, and process documents for automotive work
- Perform system inspections, test drives, and diagnostic tests to determine necessary repair work
- Remedy mechanical problems and malfunction codes that are identified in the vehicle's electrical system, mechanical systems, and electronic systems
- Ensure accurate record-keeping for vehicle repairs, maintenance, and service history
- Pursue continued education opportunities to grow technical skills
- Be able to fix springs on the doors of the FedEx trucks
- A valid driver’s license is necessary
- Experience and manual dexterity using hand tools and other equipment is needed
- Strong work ethic and excellent communication skills are necessary
- Organized plan to keep track of truck parts, and maintenance
$44,000 - $54,000
We are FedEx contractors rapidly growing through the DFW area.