The Head Data Analyst at The Cobblers conducts the conversion of data into insights that will lead to informed business decisions. The ideal candidate will use their passion for big data and analytics to provide insights to the business covering a range of topics. They will be responsible for conducting both recurring and ad hoc analysis for business users.
The position reports to the Chief Operations Officer (or the person(s) designated by the COO), works closely with C-Level management and has the following roles and responsibilities:
- develops clear and well-structured analytical plans and analyzes large data-sets
- plays a critical part in shaping the business’s data infrastructure, inclusive of data-warehousing, reporting, and analytics platforms.
- builds statistical models, diagnoses, validates, and improves the performance of these models over time.
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms
- identifies, communicates, and endeavors to resolve data gaps that impact the fulfillment of the business’s functional requirements.
- builds and operationalize processes that ensure timely data-loading and maintain accuracy and relevance of data used within the data department
- develops logical and conceptual data flows that are in support of departmental project requirements and guides various business departments in appropriate and effective use of data
- mines the business’s database in search of critical business insights and communicates his findings to the relevant departments and the business at large.
- identifies and communicates risks and issues in projects/programs initiated by the assigned departments and communicates this information to the relevant leadership.
- uses data to guide assigned business departments through all programs and initiatives, enabling continuous improvement in data quality, departmental performance, and overall business performance.
- works within and across the business in order to understand the business’s functional and data requirements.
- works with the business’s departmental heads, management, and key stakeholders, in developing detailed business requirements, conducting gap analyses, creating functional designs, and guiding the business’s leadership through analytical data processing when needed.
- responsible for developing KPIs within the business for the purpose of identifying trends and evaluating the success of the business’s initiatives.
- maintains and upgrades data warehouse servers.
- Background in data warehouse design
- Proven experience as a BI Developer or Data Scientist
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) frameworks
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
$75,000 - $100,000 yearly
About The Cobblers
The Cobblers is one of the fastest-growing companies in America. We are committed to delivering world-class restoration, repair, and cleaning services to high-quality leather goods and premium sneakers.
The Cobblers is a brand that represents new ways of thinking, creating innovative, circular processes for the development of our product-service offerings. Special items deserve a second life. We champion “revival and re-use” over the disposable and the replaceable. Pollute not. Waste Not. That's what we do when we bring your favorite shoes and handbags back to life.
Life at The Cobblers is about sharing responsibility and creating great work together. We take great pride in the many unique perspectives and expertise that our team brings to the table every day. We are committed to offering equal opportunities to all employees and welcome applicants irrespective of age, sex, race, ethnicity, disability.