Wayne's Automotive and Towing Center
Incident Response Tech is ultimately responsible and accountable for the successful function of the day-to-day spill, containment, and remediation, including the monitoring of waste collection and disposal operations of the Company, including meeting profit and continuing growth goals, maintaining standards in conformity with Company policies, and ensuring all necessary legal compliance, through coordination with management
This management position is a working position, in that performance of any or all aspects of the actual spill, containment, and remediation is part of the job. Performs HAZMAT/Spill/Containment/Waste inspections; maintains logs and spreadsheets of findings, share records with staff for instruction, and progressive improvement and assists in proper billing. Works closely with government agencies and vendors to safely contain and secure waste sites and complete the remediation for the site. Work independently and under minimal supervision.
Depending upon assignment, duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reporting, documenting Site Summary, objective, the scope of work, pictures, and follow-up
- Maintenance and re-ordering of spill cleanup supplies
- Sample archive cleaning and maintenance
- Non-hazardous sample disposal for analyzing
- Sample waste streams and affected areas, including soil, highways, etc. by waste leakage
- Disposal of wastes with proper manifest and arranges for pickup and delivery to proper landfill or disposal site
- Maintain certification for all OSHA directives or other various safety requirements needed from vendors or Government Agencies.
- Inspection of Waste Areas and Waste Accumulation Areas
- Inspection and maintenance of Equipment
- Routinely checks conveyors, motors, gears, all small and large engines, equipment, and other moving equipment in the work area to ensure proper operation and refuel ready for next use. Promptly reports malfunctioning equipment to the supervisor.
- Periodically lubricates conveyor parts, gears, and motors.*Cleans up spillage and reclaims uncontaminated spillage.
- Operates all mobile equipment required to perform job duties.
- Performs minor repairs and adjustments to equipment.
- Assists maintenance personnel on an as-needed basis in the repair and adjustment of equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Some experience in Hazardous materials or Safety preferred
- Have no more than one preventable accident or two moving violations within three consecutive years.
- Valid Driver’s License for all vehicles regularly driven or that may be driven in course of employment
- Successfully pass drug tests in compliance with Company Policy and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Requires the taking of OSHA 40-hour Hazardous Materials Training and DOT/RCRA training
- Knowledge of safe company practices, OSHA regulations, and emergency protocols
$15 - $17 hourly
About Wayne's Automotive and Towing Center
Ranging from fuel, cargo trans-load, underwater recovery, traffic management, and other various job scopes.
We are committed to providing our customers with quick, professional, courteous service at an affordable price when you need it most in Georgia and South Carolina. We are Wreckmaster and Hazmat Certified and are a member of the South Carolina and Georgia Towing and Recovery Association. We are available 24/7 for your light, medium, and heavy-duty towing/hauling, incident response, and needs. When those unfortunate occasions arise & you find yourself in need of a tow/haul or help during an unneeded disaster, we are here to serve you! Just give us a call! "Big or Small We Remediatel It All Like It Never Happened."