Arrivls Inc. is a boutique property management company with a growing portfolio of high-performing short-term (vacation) rentals and mid-term furnished rentals. We are seeking an experienced handyperson who can perform general maintenance and repair tasks that arise on both a scheduled and unscheduled basis.
- Full-time role with attractive salary and benefits package (based on experience)
- Regular performance evaluations and bonus/profit-sharing opportunities
- Flexible schedule and time off. Maintenance and inspection tasks are variable and there may be days with little or no scheduled work. Days off and paid vacation allowance in coordination with other Arrivls staff schedules
- Spot and correct issues during routine property inspections to ensure quality control and guest satisfaction.
- Typical repair task examples: Plumbing stoppages, faucet or shower adjustments (occasionally cartridge replacement), changing HVAC filters, electrical troubleshooting (breakers, outlets), changing light bulbs and fixtures, furniture repair/tightening, pool equipment troubleshooting. Shopping for repair materials or other supplies. Smart home installation or troubleshooting.i.e: Thermostats, cameras, door locks, wifi routers
- In addition to the maintenance and repair tasks, the candidate will be responsible for property inspections which require a detailed eye to identify the damage, perform inventory, restock supplies, and provide a “second set of eyes” after the cleaning team has completed their work to verify the property is spotless and properly prepared for incoming guests.
- Detailed record keeping of work completed, inspection results, purchases, etc.
- Typical daytime working hours with a focus on 10 am-3 pm.Occasional need to perform unscheduled repairs at off hours. Preventative maintenance - smoke detector batteries, tightening furniture screws, touching up wall paint from suitcase scuffs, etc.
- On-the-job training to learn processes and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and execute fixes to common household maintenance issues
- Reliable vehicle to drive throughout the Coachella Valley to different properties. Ideally a truck or van
- Own a set of basic hand and power tools. Specialty tools can be provided by Arrivls
- Proficient smartphone user who can receive task assignments and report on status through an app
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with limited oversight
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Dexterity to work in confined spaces (i.e. under the sink)
- Team player attitude and ability to work together with Arrivls staff, contractors, and cleaning team
$50,000 - $70,000 yearly
We are a small but growing property management company with a focus on providing consistent, quality experiences for vacation rental guests and keeping the properties in top condition. Some days (with many guest check-ins) are fast-paced and some are slower, and no two days are exactly alike!