Janis Development seeks a Handyman/Assistant Project Manager with finish carpentry skills for home remodels and new builds $500,000 - $4m.
Must be able to complete punch list items and work with your hands.
At times you will be hiring subcontractors, making sure they're doing their jobs, and working with engineers and architects as needed, and keeping track of an inventory of equipment and materials.
Previous experience in construction projects is a plus and quality finish skills are a must.
The ideal applicant will be highly organized and good with their hands, with the ability to plan ahead and multitask in order to meet deadlines and keep projects under budget. Must have knowledge of regulations and permits required. If this sounds like you, get in touch with us.
Competitive salary plus benefits and bonuses.
- Complete punch-list items with attention to detail
- Manage the budget and estimate costs
- Quality control for the finished product
- Ensure supplies and equipment are ordered and delivered according to schedule
- Resolve any problems that may arise
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and building codes
- Collaborate with subcontractors, engineers, architects, and key team members of the project team
- Negotiate with external vendors on contract agreements
- Obtain the appropriate permits and licenses from authorities for construction sites
- Plan construction operations
- Ensure all deadlines are met
- Delegate responsibilities
- Allocate and manage resources to ensure that they are available when they are needed throughout the construction projects
- Keep all stakeholders aware of the progress on projects and prepare progress reports regularly
- Conduct site checks to monitor progress and quality standards
- Experience in Carpentry, Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or another related field
- Knowledge of finish carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC
- PMP or equivalent certification would be considered an asset
- Excellent knowledge of construction materials and equipment
- Highly organized
- Previous work experience in construction management or another similar role
- Understanding of construction management processes
- Able to plan ahead
- Familiar with construction and project management software programs a plus
- Excellent knowledge of relevant rules and regulations as well as quality standards
- Conflict resolution and conflict management experience
- Excellent time management ability
$70,000 - $100,000 yearly
About Janis Development
Janis Development specializes in new builds and residential remodels in the Boulder area. Located in Boulder, CO with covered parking, conveniently near the 29th St mall. We also operate the Janis Properties team within Coldwell Banker, consistently ranking as one of the top-performing real estate sales teams in the state.