Maple Tree Inn, Hogan Hospitality
We are seeking individuals to join our fast-paced customer service-oriented Guest Service team. You will succeed here if you can provide immediate and courteous attention to all hotel guests in person as well as on incoming phone calls. Maintain a high level of accuracy regarding all information being recorded or flowing through the front desk. To serve as the "front line" personnel to the hotel guest in handling problems, complaints, informational needs and to show the hotel guest the degree of attention, professionalism, and clean appearance they may expect from a top-of-the-line hotel with a well-trained staff.
- Maintain a professional at all times
- WELCOME, register our guests, provide outstanding guest service through their stay and settle the guest's account upon completion of their stay
- Answer and direct phone calls, taking messages if necessary.
- Post all charges correctly to guest accounts during shift.
- Manage and maintain balances for all departments and make shift deposits with complete accuracy.
- Responsible for making reservations and maximizing revenues for the hotel.
- Provide guests with support navigating points of interest in the surrounding area, including directions to, restaurants, shops, and tourist attractions.
- Responsible for keeping informed about upcoming groups VIPS and special events.
- Communicate with the housekeeping department to update the status of the rooms correctly.
- Process all early departures and date changes on the hotel's Property Management System.
- Complete mail and receiving procedures as directed.
- Always maintain a clean and sanitary workstation.
- Maintain the daily logbook.
- Complete all relevant checklists during shift.
- Set and perform personal wake-up calls as needed by guests.
- Set up airport taxi or limousine transportation as required by guests.
- Any other related tasks as requested by the supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Highly motivated team player contributing to a positive work environment
- Strong communications skills, outgoing personality, and customer service minded
- Prior hotel experience preferred
- Strong problem-solving and ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform numerical operations using basic counting adding subtracting multiplying and dividing
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings nights weekends and holidays
- This position is only for candidates that live in or near Sunnyvale, CA
$18.50 - $20.50 hourly
About Maple Tree Inn, Hogan Hospitality
Maple Tree Inn is a boutique hotel located in Sunnyvale CA since it opened its doors in 1985. Built by Maple Tree Investors and managed by Hogan Hospitality.