We are looking for a warm and welcoming individual to join our close-knit front desk team. This is an exciting opportunity to further your hospitality career at a unique property in the heart of a popular tourist destination.
Our ideal candidate possesses these traits:
- Service-oriented personality - you genuinely care about and enjoy providing service to others.
- Can-do attitude, initiative, and drive - you actively seek out opportunities to contribute to the overall success of your employer.
- Detail-oriented - you can follow complex instructions without missing a step. You double-check your work.
- Critical thinking - you think things through, considering multiple outcomes and consequences.
- Excellent computer skills - you are comfortable using a variety of online tools and software applications.
- Excellent communication skills - you can communicate effectively with diverse audiences and in high-stress situations.
- Interest in hospitality/hotels/tourism - you love to travel, hotels, and other tourist-related activities! You have an interest in pursuing a career in hospitality.
- Passion and enthusiasm for Petaluma / Sonoma County - you love the city/county and enjoy sharing that passion with others.
Our top candidates will have:
- Track record of excellent attendance
- Flexible schedule, including the ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Previous experience in hotels/lodging
The following are the regular, day-to-day responsibilities of our Guest Service Associates:
- Making and modifying room reservations using the choice advantage reservation system
- Checking guests in and out in a friendly and helpful manner
- Fielding and fulfilling guest requests
- Communicating with other departments as needed
- Handling guest complaints while maintaining a pleasant and understanding disposition
- Answering phones and directing calls to the appropriate area in a friendly manner
- Relating a general knowledge of the history of the hotel to the guests
- Sharing a general knowledge of surrounding areas, as well as the local tourist establishments, attractions & restaurants
- Handling cash and credit cards, and balancing accounts
- Tidying up the lobby
- Other duties as assigned
The following qualifications and skills are required:
- Excellent customer service
- Positive attitude
- Prioritizing multiple tasks
- Excellent communication
- Excel in a fast-paced environment
- Dependability and Punctuality
- Computer proficiently
- English fluency
- Lift items up to 50 lbs
- Ability to stand for the majority of an 8-hour shift
- Cash / financial transaction management
- High level of professionalism
$15.20 - $15.50 hourly
About Hotel Petaluma
Hotel Petaluma is a historic, boutique property with vintage charm, modern amenities, and a central location in picturesque downtown Petaluma. Built in 1923 and officially opened on April 22, 1924, Hotel Petaluma has welcomed visitors for almost a century.
We are proud to be a landmark in the historic downtown district of Petaluma, introducing visitors from around the world to our beautiful city and its vibrant community and culture.