Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City Overland Park
A Guest Services Representative is responsible for greeting and registering guests, handling their requests, and providing committed hospitality to guests at all times.
Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Greet guests and complete the registration process to include, but not limited to, inputting and retrieving information from the computer, confirmation of guest information and room rate, selection of rooms, coding electronic keys, promoting marketing programs, providing a welcome packet and ensuring guest knows the location of the room and/or has a bell person accompany him/her
- Assist guests with check-out including, but not limited to, ensuring rooms and services are correctly accounted, using the point-of-sale system, handling money, processing credit, and debit cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment, converting foreign currency, making change and processing gift certificates and cards
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of hotel information including, but not limited to, room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, the local area and other general product knowledge and answer guest questions and inquiries
- Use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities and to maximize room occupancy and restaurant/bar sales
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Field guest complaints, conduct research and resolve and negotiate solutions for guest satisfaction
- Receive, input, retrieve and relay messages to guests
- Place maintenance inquiries and needs into Hotel's online request platform to ensure guests get their issues resolved
- Ability to communicate openly and confidently with guests
- Ability to follow guidelines and procedures, cash handling policies, and other general policies of the Guest Service Department
- Open availability is a plus
- Dependable form of communication & transportation
$14.25 - $15 hourly
About Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City Overland Park
- Benefits: Full time, includes health, dental and vision.
- Hilton Hotels also offers benefits such as $39 - $49 rates for employees with Hilton Hotels across the world, 50% off food and beverage in all of Hilton Hotels, and discounts on Hilton used brands through the employee portal. Join us on our adventure to be the best hotel in the area!