Franciscan Renewal Center
Responsible for ensuring that all meeting/lodging spaces are ready in accordance with the daily schedule and to responding to guests' needs. Also responsible for maintaining facilities for good upkeep of functionality and safety.
- Ensure that all lodging rooms are ready for guest occupation
- Ensure that all meeting rooms are set up correctly according to instructions on a daily schedule and other instructions provided
- Monitor meeting rooms for breakdown and proper return of equipment
- Assist guests with A/V difficulties and room setup changes
- Maintain cleanliness throughout the Casa grounds including storage
- Open/unlock and close/lock facility daily
- Respond to maintenance issues in both buildings and grounds as needed
- Organize and maintain inventories of tools, supplies, and equipment
- Work on ongoing projects as directed when there are no setups
- Procure items located off-campus as directed if necessary
- Perform night watch duties on a rotating basis to cover night watch persons on their nights off
- Assist kitchen, guest services desk, groundskeeping, and volunteer staff when assigned to do so
- Ability to work under pressure with interruptions while maintaining a positive Franciscan attitude
- Trustworthy, punctual, reliable, coachable, communicative
- Creative troubleshooting abilities
- Manage time efficiently between scheduled and non-scheduled items
- Ability to anticipate needs in a variety of situations
- Clearly communicate needs
- Treat guests and staff with respect
- Maintain good personal appearance
- Be mindful of safety at all times/report hazards to supervisor
- Willingness to take classes/training to strengthen skills as needed
- Must be in good physical condition and able to lift at least 60 pounds
- Proficient in the setup and troubleshooting of audio-visual equipment and computers.
- Ability to do light maintenance tasks at minimum
- Proficient in pool water chemistry and maintenance
- Past maintenance or hotel/hospitality experience.
- Understanding of Franciscan Renewal Center mission and/or willingness to learn
$16 - $20 hourly
About Franciscan Renewal Center
The Franciscan Renewal Center (“the Casa”) is a place for spiritual growth, healing, and community that is open to everyone, regardless of faith.
The Franciscan Renewal Center was founded as a Catholic retreat, called Casa de Paz y Bien (the Casa), by the Order of Friars Minor in 1951. The Franciscan Renewal Center remains an active religious community that seeks to follow in the footsteps of Saints Francis and Clare of Assisi.