The Faust Hotel
Guest Services Associate - Front Desk - Historical Hotel
Guest Experience Associates are responsible for the critical first impression our guests have of our properties. Guest Experience Associates demonstrate exceptional hospitality in an attentive, friendly, and efficient manner going above and beyond to ensure that guest experiences will be worth remembering. The key service roles begin with greeting guests and end in delivering a departure experience that makes a guest want to be a return customer. This position requires an outgoing, enthusiastic personality, strong attention to detail, and the ability to work without constant direct supervision.
Do you love to meet new people? Can you strike up a conversation with a stranger? Do you love helping others? Does creating meaningful memories make you smile? Then we want you!
This position requires an outgoing, enthusiastic personality, strong attention to detail, and the ability to work without constant direct supervision.
Weekends and nights are required. Open availability preferred. Scheduling based on business demands.
- POSITION TITLE: GUEST EXPERIENCE ASSOCIATE
- DEPARTMENT: HOTEL
- REPORTS TO: Front Office Manager & General Manager
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance in accordance with property standards.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest’s name when possible.
- Register and orient arriving guests according to property standards.
- Be knowledgeable about the property, its programs, amenities, and experiences.
- Have a working knowledge of properties phone and other communication systems. Answer telephone calls with a pleasant demeanor according to property etiquette, listen carefully to caller’s requests, and clearly take dates, distribute or file notes as needed.
- Be knowledgeable of your role in the property reservations process.
- Serve as concierge, sharing knowledge of the area surrounding your property suggesting activities and recreation, dining options, and assisting with ground transportation and local driving directions.
- Continually build rapport with property guests. Engage guests in conversation at the desk and when you encounter them around the property. Actively listen to and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests. Anticipate guest service needs. Proactively approach guests needing service or assistance.
- Manage and resolve guest complaints (and compliments) in a professional and courteous manner, maintaining composure under pressure, allowing guests to speak first, and then providing solutions to their issues or concerns. Follow through to ensure guest satisfaction with the resolution. Know who to call upon if you cannot solve a guest’s problem.
- Work with colleagues to ensure that guests’ needs are continually met. Maintain an efficient and effective flow of information with guests and all internal departments. Record any special guest needs reported, making notes for future visits according to property specifications.
- Maintain accurate guest accounts and folios, house banks, deposits, petty cash, and cash drawers according to property specifications. Understand cash reporting requirements.
- Be fully knowledgeable about how to post to and maintain guest folios according to property specifications. Must have computer skills sufficient to meet property system needs which may include Microsoft Word, Xcel, database operations, point of sale, and property management systems.
- Process guest check-outs and collect and process payments with efficiency. Be able to explain everything on a guest folio and be able to make corrections as needed.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and bid them a fond farewell at departure.
- Be responsible for the security of any room or supply closet keys, as well as for respecting the confidential nature of some front desk correspondence, transactions, and activities.
- Be knowledgeable of property-specific safety and security procedures.
- Deliver messages, faxes, and packages to guests in a timely manner.
- Perform light housekeeping duties to ensure that the appearance of the front desk and lobby areas is according to property specifications. This may include assisting in the laundry.
- Help to inspect guest rooms (and correct any deficiencies) to ensure they are consistent with Lark Hotels standards.
- Label all lost and found items according to property procedures.
- Know who to notify in case of broken equipment or unsafe/unsanitary conditions.
- Protect the assets of this property and Lark Hotels.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States of America.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and written, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Ability to understand verbal and written directions, as well as workplace safety signage.
- Active listening and observation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with deadlines and stressful situations.
- Frequent walking, bending, balancing, stooping, reaching, pushing, lifting, manual dexterity, and repetitive motions.
- Manually handle/lift/carry product up to 20 pounds between knee and shoulders.
- Must have bilateral fine manipulation of both hands which may be repetitive for an entire shift.
- May be vertically mobile for an entire shift.
- Occasional stair climbing.
- The schedule varies according to operational needs; may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays, and split shifts.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to Covid-19, lifting injuries, exposure to unsanitary materials, slips, and trips.
- Hotel Experience Preferred.
$15 - $16 hourly
About The Faust Hotel
Located in historic downtown New Braunfels, the Faust Hotel offers everything you could need for your next vacation, weekend getaway, or group functions. A hotel, events center, brew pub, full bar and restaurant, you will need to go no further than your very own hotel to experience New Braunfels best. The Faust is within walking distance to Schlitterbahn Water Park, the Comal River and the New Braunfels Civic Center, and is centrally located between San Antonio and Austin. The Faust is also next to specialty stores, antique shops and boutiques, and only minutes away from Gruene, TX, making it an ideal vacation getaway, all year round.