Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
We are looking for a member of the family. Our team and guests alike bring together the concept of making a house into a home while still providing the perks of a hotel. We provide our guests with all the comforts of home with a familiar smile.
- Get paid daily
- Holiday Pay
- Complimentary parking and transportation options
- Employee hotel Rates and Free Nights
- Great Opportunities for career growth
- Discount hotel stays throughout the world
- Paid time off
- Medical Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Company discounts and perks
- Fitness subsidies
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
Join our team!
The purpose of a GUEST SERVICE AGENT is to serve as the primary contact for all guests throughout their stay and effectively and efficiently check guests in and out of the hotel.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Operate the front desk according to standard operating procedures and with exceptional guest service.
- Operate with accuracy the reservation system, check-in and checkout system, and credit card system, following all safety and security procedures.
- Check registration (folio) cards for completeness, accuracy, and legibility.
- Maintain accurate cash sheet. Responsible for cash drawer balancing.
- Operate the switchboard and disperse calls as required by your shift. Take guest messages and faxes with accuracy, always noting the date and time of the message. Repeat the message back to the caller to assure the accuracy of the message. Use the message light to tell guests that they have a message waiting.
- Know emergency procedures and how to respond.
- Never say a guest’s room number out loud.
- Be knowledgeable of hotel promotions.
- Know room rates. Also, know the amenities of the rooms so you can inform guests of what to expect in their rooms.
- Know the physical makeup of the building-exterior and interior. Know where the closest shopping, convenience store, and gas station is.
- Complete daily reports, audits correspondences, etc. as required by your shift.
- Keep lobby and office area clean at all times.
- Set wake-up calls as dictated by your shift.
- Prepare room status sheet for housekeeping and update housekeeping on rooms available to clean as guests checkout or leave for the day.
- Take and confirm credit cards for validity and acceptability.
- Lock and secure the area if leaving the front desk, even if it is for a moment!
- Create incident reports for guest injuries/issues when required.
- Answer all calls within three (3) rings. All calls are to be answered in a “scripted” manner.
- Take and record reservations with accuracy. Confirm as requested.
- Resolve guest complaints.
- Maintains regular attendance, is consistently on time, and observes prescribed work, breaks, and meal periods in compliance with standards.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
Desired Competencies, Work Skills, And Knowledge:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies may be required.
Associate demonstrates a high Quality of work:
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Provides the best possible service to clients and customers.
Associate demonstrates acceptable Productivity standards:
- Meets or exceeds productivity standards.
- Produces an adequate volume of work efficiently in a specific time.
Associate demonstrates excellent Customer Service Skills:
- Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Demonstrates the desire and ability to provide high-quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Associate demonstrates Initiative:
- Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
Associate demonstrates Accountability for their job performance:
- Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
- Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow-up.
The work environment normally entails the following:
- Indoor work environment.
- May be exposed to and use of cleaning chemicals throughout the shift.
- Minimal to moderate noise levels consistent with the hotel environment.
Top of Form
During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, associates are expected to observe and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
The physical activity normally entails the following attributes.
The position is expected to:
- Stand more than 2/3 of the time
- Walk less than 1/3 of the time
- Sit less than 1/3 of the time
- Lift up to 15 lbs
- Push/pull up to 10 pounds
Education And Experience Requirements:
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to speak English fluently.
- Ability to interpret and perform basic computer and POS system functions.
$16 - $16.5 hourly
About Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled associates.
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet the requirements of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the position.