We are looking for GH Staff that will be responsible for the physical, emotional, and psychological care of the children residing in the Nuevo Camino program. The children under our care require Trauma Informed Care and extensive cultural sensitivity. The GHS collaborates with other house staff, children/youth, service providers, and volunteers who are working together to protect, support, and empower foster children/youth.
- Conducts assessments or screenings with children to evaluate the need for support, strengths, and areas of growth
- Provide emotional support and apply Conscious Discipline to help children create safe attachments and develop emotional regulation
- Provide support and care in order to help the children reach their potential and feel safe
- Provide direct support services to include children in independent living skills, promote adequate developmental growth, and adaptation to our program
- Provide vocational skills support, training and development services, transportation services, and crisis management
- Facilitates coordination of care to include case review with team members, therapeutic interventions, and case progress updates, and attends meetings within the community that will require strong advocacy for the child
- Bilingual in Spanish Preferred but not Required
- High School Diploma/GED and One year of relevant experience in a child caregiving setting
- Possess or is able to obtain a clear Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Able to obtain Federal FBI Background Clearance
- Must be a great communicator and have the ability to motivate others
- Flexible hours and ability to assist with shift coverage, as needed
$35,440 - $38,000 yearly
About Neighborhood Ministries
Neighborhood Ministries is a faith-based organization that has a strong culture of growth and lifelong learning. All roles within the programs have a common focus on creating safety for the children we serve. By building trust, we work towards helping children feel supported and empowered to live their lives. We seek compassionate, knowledgeable, and dedicated individuals.