The DM Burr Group
We’re looking for a hard-working landscaper to join our team. You’ll follow the instructions of the crew leader to take care of our customer’s landscaping needs including mowing, raking, mulching, edging, fertilizing, pruning, and overall lawn care and maintenance duties. Applicants should be team players with industry experience who are proud of a job well done.
- Work with fellow crew members to complete landscape design, landscape construction, landscape installation, and landscape maintenance
- Complete lawn care, groundskeeping, and lawn maintenance tasks including mowing, edging, weeding, raking, fertilizing, mulching, and pruning
- Advise clients on how to maintain their landscaping design after work is completed
- Complete detailed daily reports of work
- Keep flower beds looking pristine with a sprinkler or irrigation system
- Complete tasks of all landscaping and grounds service requests.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all equipment, tools, and supplies needed to perform maintenance functions.
- Maintain facility grounds, which includes cutting grass, edging, cleaning the yard, trimming shrubbery, raking, planting, and weeding.
- Clean parking lots, sidewalks, and driveways of debris.
- Remove snow from sidewalks and driveways with the use of snowblowers, shovels, and plows.
- Spread sand, salt, or ashes to prevent slipping.
- Follow all safety standards as outlined in company policy and OSHA regulations.
- Over 2 years of experience with residential or commercial properties as a landscaping crew member
- Experience with a variety of hand tools and maintenance equipment including clippers, chain saws, lawnmowers, blowers, edgers, rakes, and hedge trimmers
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent certification
- Candidates must be hardworking, detail-oriented, and have a strong work ethic
- Must have a U.S. driver’s license or reliable transportation to and from the work site
- Previous grounds/landscaping experience; commercial grounds experience preferred.
- Ability to operate zero-turn lawn mowers, weed whips, edger, and all types of snow removal equipment including plow trucks, snow blowers, shovels.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to follow basic verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to pass a background check.
$15 per hour
About The DM Burr Group
D.M. Burr Facilities Management
What started as a family-owned and operated cleaning business, over the past 2 decades DM Burr has grown to become one of the largest, privately-owned building maintenance providers serving the Midwest!
With over 1,000 team members throughout Michigan, DM Burr services a variety of areas, such as schools, government, and public facilities, manufacturing plants, financial institutions, retail centers, and more!
D.M. Burr Security Services
D.M. Burr Security is a different kind of security guard company. From our steadfast dedication to quality service, to state-of-the-art technology and tools like our fleet of Charger patrol vehicles, were serious about security! With over 150 team members, DM Burr Security services a variety of areas, such as schools, government and public facilities, manufacturing plants, financial institutions, retail centers and more!