The Graphic Designer demonstrates strong conceptual problem-solving skills and translates customer requirements into visually engaging, innovative solutions to include, but not limited to, branding, logos, publications, promotional materials, posters, interactive/multimedia, and graphics.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Responsible for concept design and production of websites, monthly newsletters, ads, banners, flyers, postcards, signs, training materials, etc.
- Responsible for the creation and production of marketing projects as follows
- Advertising/support materials introducing and implementing new systems
- Advertising/support materials for other Corporate departments and new initiatives
- Create new flyers and email campaigns to build content in the marketing system
- Design new Company announcements
- Design landing pages for Branches and ALCOVA
- Design ads for social media
- Design Branch PowerPoint presentations
- Copy editing/writing
- Video and animation
- Storyboard videos/animations to prepare for creation
- Create videos/animations for YouTube, etc., and internal projects
- Photography responsibilities
- Support during gatherings
- Professional headshots
- Stock photos
- Comprehends complex information for the purpose of determining and recommending how data may be presented or enhanced using visual display methods and technology
- Develops creative and production schedules, confirming supplementary staff involvement as needed
- Communicates design decisions effectively to both designers and non-designers
- Uses creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual aptitude, and originality in all work products
- Must interact, communicate, and present ideas on a daily basis with a variety of personalities
- Works independently, as well as collaboratively as necessary
- Works on multiple projects simultaneously
- Plans and meets project and production deadlines by prioritizing workload and adapting to changing conditions.
- Remains up-to-date with industry-leading software and technologies to include, but are limited to: Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Acrobat, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- This position performs additional duties as assigned, given adequate guidance and resources
- Bachelors’ Degree in Fine Arts, graphic design, or related field preferred; or equivalent course work and related experience may be considered.
- Minimum experience of five years of design experience, preferably in both print and digital.
- Proficiency in computer layout and design, specifically using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Acrobat, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of print production processes.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Strong negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with others individually, and as part of a team.
- Ability to visually articulate design ideas.
- Must be highly detail-oriented and organized.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines.
- Must demonstrate and maintain a strong work ethic and a good demeanor toward work.
- Knowledge of the mortgage industry preferred, but not required.
This job operates in a clerical office setting; climate-controlled surroundings with adequate lighting and little or moderate noise when in the office. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires minimal travel needed by private vehicles or airline carriers with over-night stays in modern facilities at times. Regional traffic conditions when traveling by car to-and-from business appointments. Mileage reimbursement will be provided at current IRS allowable rates.
About ALCOVA Mortgage
Most companies start with a business plan. ALCOVA Mortgage started with a friendship. Bound by common background and inspired by a passion to serve, childhood friends Bobby Nicely, Billy Siple and Rob Lindstrom dreamed of one day starting a business.
In 2003, the trio joined together to establish a mortgage company—ALCOVA—an acronym for Alleghany County, VA, in honor of their roots.
In 2012, ALCOVA Mortgage made its debut on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the United States and has been recognized every year since. The company’s phenomenal growth of 96% in three years propelled it into the league of such legendary businesses that gained notoriety on the prestigious list as Dell, Microsoft, LinkedIn, Pandora, Timberland, Zillow, Yelp, and Domino’s Pizza.
Today, ALCOVA continues to thrive, largely because of its roots in a friendship and the passion to serve.