The Graphic Designer is responsible for the design, file preparation and production of our products to meet specified requirements. To accomplish these tasks, you will need to be proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud programs, understand color management and RIP programs as well as operate vinyl plotters, large format printers, and lamination equipment. This position will assist in the production and installation of the final project. In the performance of the above duties you will be working closely with the customer providing updates and guidance on how to accomplish the customer's requested end result.
A. Customer Service:
- Provides client education on proper submission of digital files.
- Work with clients in a consultative manner to understand their needs and provide guidance for best solution.
- Promote Image360 Charleston in a professional manner while on client sites for installation, delivery, and/or site inspections.
B. Operation and Maintenance of Equipment:
- Operate plotter, laminator, and wide-format equipment to produce client jobs.
- Operate desktop and/or copier scanners as needed.
- Maintain superior quality on all individual work.
- Ensure superior quality on all jobs produced.
D. End of Day Procedures:
- Dispose of waste materials in compliance with current environmental regulations.
- Perform routine maintenance/cleaning on equipment.
- Keep the work zone tidy and clutter-free.
- Participate in daily production meetings.
- Work with management to reschedule workloads as necessary to meet promised due dates.
- Maintain clean and organized Graphics area.
- Abide by center policies/procedures as outlined.
- Minimum of 2 years of education in graphic design or equivalent work experience.
- Previous experience in the sign industry is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of sign industry substrates, media, and products is preferred but not required.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Professional, upbeat, positive attitude.
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Keen multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships with a diverse customer/prospect base.
- Expertise in the following software applications:
- Adobe Illustrator – current version
- Adobe Photoshop – current version
- FlexiSign – current version
- Onyx – current version
- Adobe Acrobat Professional – current version
- Microsoft Office – current version (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Expertise in wide-format printer and Onyx RIP operation
- Expertise in color management concepts and procedures
$20 - $24 hourly
About Image360 Charleston
Image360 Charleston is a full-service sign and graphics company that is locally owned but part of a national franchise network. We provide design services as well as the production and installation of finished products. We work with clients to meet their needs using a wide range of products. We work with clients throughout the greater Charleston area.