The General Manager (GM) role works closely with the CEO as the key person leading the day to day and managing the business. The GM position supports the CEO by:
- Understanding the strategic intent and implementing the team and initiatives to support that
- Analyzing and vetting the many ideas from the CEO and providing robust and direct feedback when needed
- Leading the Leadership Team and departments
Similar roles that might fit this position:
- Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Chief of Staff
- Vice President of Operations (VP of Operations)
- Military based - Captain, Major, Lt. Colonel, Colonel, Lt. Commander, Commander
This role is a base salary with performance incentives.
The General Manager (GM) oversees the organization’s ongoing operations and procedures. As a key member of the senior management team, the GM reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and establishes policies that promote company culture and vision through its operations. The GM is responsible for the efficiency of the business, which includes maintaining control of diverse business operations and establishing and following a set of policies and processes. The GM leads employees and encourages maximum performance and dedication. The GM must maintain the highest level of integrity and lead by example in all areas.
- Lead strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by encouraging innovation, prioritizing initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future projects across the organization.
- Develop track, and control the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for Operational spending and initiatives.
- Research and review current training plan for new employees and ensure effective trainings are implemented by each department head.
- Create and set strategic goals for each department head on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Implement KPI metrics that will be the basis for each department overall performance.
- Evaluate effectiveness of programs and offers solutions to enhance effectiveness prior to release with clients.
- Review overall IT security policies and procedures and update accordingly with appropriate staff members.
- Create high level analysis summary reports to present to CEO and Leadership Team on the status of various ongoing projects in each department and present ongoing strategies for any improvements to be made.
- Execute and manage Operational services based on mutually agreed upon delivery expectations.
- Determine appropriate staffing needs of each department and make recommendation to the CEO and Leadership Team to ensure business needs are met in a timely fashion.
- Promote and oversee communications between internal departments to ensure objectives are met at critical checkpoints in projects
- Able to communicate with technical and non-technical professionals both internally and externally, including senior management and CEO in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent active listening skills; able to ask relevant questions to gather, document and communicate effectively with employees and clients alike.
- Able to work on simultaneous projects and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in any Business focused course of study
- Master’s degree in Business Management or similar
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in development management role, supervising staff of 10+
- High level of understanding of all business functions such as IT, HR, Finance, Sales, etc.
- Impeccable communication skills (strong verbal and written communication skills) with executive management
- Able to adapt to different situations in an ongoing fast paced environment
- Open to working additional hours as needed
- Self-starter who can manage projects and executes the tasks being assigned
- Exhibit a high-level of professionalism and sound judgment
$70,000 - $85,000 base
Fulfilltopia Distribution and Logistics
Founded in 2009, by CEO (Eric Brown). An ecommerce 3rd party fulfillment organization.
- We store non-owned inventory for clients that create and sell products globally
- Services include pick/pack, shipping and inventory management
- 15+ staff, with temporary seasonal increases throughout the year
- Operates out of 40,000 sq/ft+