Wayfarer Vans is looking for a General Manager for its Reno Nevada location to help get more outdoor lovers into camper vans.
Are you an outdoor enthusiast? Do you dream of being outside every time you're in your office? Do you rush off to the mountains as soon as 5 o'clock hits on Friday afternoon?
We are looking for someone who values being outside, engages with their environment and who wants to spread their love for recreation through their work.
Wayfarer Vans is a manufacturing-direct-to-consumer business, where we design and make all of our conversion components in-house. We then do a full camper van conversion while the customer waits! Always getting the new van owner out, on the road and off on some adventure within hours of when they first pulled into our facility.
We are looking for someone who can effectively coordinate and manage a team, where the primary oversight will be focused on: production, quality control, inventory, scheduling installations, and customer service.
So if you feel like your spirit animal doesn't align with your current profession, this may be the job for you.
- Infusing the Wayfarer Vans philosophy into recruiting, hiring, and on-boarding processes to make purposeful and intentional additions to our team
- Mentoring and elevating the team, reducing turnover, and seeking to improve retention through human-focused management practices, reward and recognition, accountability, and goal setting; Periodically conducting performance reviews with each team member and direct supervisor
- Establishing and driving high performance from key positions (Inventory and Production Coordinators, CNC Operators, Build Leads and QC, and Builders)
- Effectively managing payroll processes; tracking employee hours, overtime, and PTO, submitting hours to Accounting Vendor, printing and distributing pay stubs
- Regularly ensure customer experience room is stocked with retail, cleaned, and organized
- Nurturing connection to our Wayfarian community through customer satisfaction, people-focused strategies with the ability and passion to resolve each customer complaint with hospitality; communicating available resources, initiatives, and events via Facebook and Wayfarer App
- Acting as a brand ambassador and upholding Wayfarer Van's mission and values
- Developing Wayfarer Vans location into a destination through positive and unique customer experience, brand stewardship, and fostering deep community connection through philanthropic opportunities and endeavors
- Actively controlling budget, costs, and tracking gross profit through inventory management, time tracking, team productivity
- Evaluating and proactively recommending process adjustments and improvements, driving installation times, and ensuring the highest quality standards in our products and customer experience
- Maintaining continuity with established processes and procedures, and following branding guidelines to ensure the highest quality standards
- Demonstrating an extremely high level of organization in ensuring deliverables are on time, driving schedules and processes forward for all projects
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of general management experience; 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Familiarity with principles of estimating and planning of forecasts for business activity, a compilation of regular budget and reports
- Knowledge of the process of planning, monitoring, and adjusting the expenses and revenues of a business in order to achieve cost efficiency and capability
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information
- Ability to maintain composure in fast-paced, high-pressure situations
- Advanced computer skills and experience with online platforms with the aptitude to learn new software and systems
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- High level of prioritization and excellent organizational skills
$55,000 - 58,000 yearly per year
About Wayfarer Vans
We are a tribe of outdoor lovers who share our passion for recreation and travel through our work – converting camper vans to be handed over to enthusiastic new owners and released into the wild.
When submitting your resume we also ask that you submit a cover letter. We are dedicated to building community through authentic connections, and that intention not only applies to our Wayfarian van owner community but also to our internal work family, so if you are interested in joining the tribe, express that here.
In addition to the salary, Wayfarer Vans also covers 100% of eligible team members' health insurance and 50% of spouses and significant others. Furthermore, Wayfarer Vans also provides a profit-sharing program.
And finally, if you have submitted a cover letter we will also be looking for your answers to our questionnaire here - https://forms.gle/zQCPTuB1DJNP3eNg9