Hotel Lotus Merriam/Kansas City
Provide day-to-day leadership and direction by maximizing financial returns, driving the development of people, creating and maintaining a unique guest experience, executing on brand standards, and building awareness of the hotel and brand in the local community.
- Be you by being natural, professional, and personable in the way you are with people
- Get ready by taking notice and using your knowledge so that you are prepared for anything
- Show you care by being thoughtful in the way you welcome and connect with guests
- Take action by showing initiative, taking ownership, and going the extra mile Education/Experience High school diploma or General Education Certificate is required. Additional studies in hospitality are encouraged. Previous Hotel Management Experience is required. Same brand experience is preferred. Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Must have the ability to speak, understand, read and write the English language
- Must be able to multi-task effectively in a busy office and public atmosphere
- Must have the ability to apply appropriate resolution to stressful situations
- Must read and understand the Employee Handbook
- Must be able to follow policy and perform to enhance professionalism in appearance and behavior
- Must be able to perform basic computer skills (including Excel, Word, and E-Mail)
- Must be capable of performing all hourly functions and operating all equipment in the hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities Financial Returns:
- Assist with the preparation of annual capital, cash flow, and sales and marketing plans to accurately forecast budgets and achieve required operating results
- Analyze financials to drive revenues, future profitability, and maximum return on investment. Use distribution channels and technology platforms to drive revenue and maximize market share
- Lead capital plans and asset management initiatives, including working with the corporate team to maintain or improve the property’s market leadership position
- Responsible for daily, monthly, and annual property cash handling procedures, deposits, and security. People:
- Develop programs that drive improvements in team member engagement and are aligned with the brand service behaviors
- Develop, implement and monitor team member succession planning to ensure future bench strength
- Establish performance and development goals for team members and provide mentoring, coaching, and regular feedback to enhance performance
- Ensure team members' Brand and Company’s educational standards are met and documented to brand standards
- Oversee any salary, disciplinary, or staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with all departments and corporate contacts
- Ensure the hotel is adequately staffed to business needs and budgeted labor standards. Guest Experience:
- Demonstrate brand citizenship by maintaining compliance with all required brand standards, behaviors, hallmarks, and license agreement mandates. This includes passing all brand Quality Assurance Audits and Local Inspections.
- Drive improvement in guest satisfaction goals. Collaborate with colleagues and hotel team members to establish and implement services and programs that meet or exceed guest expectations
- Interact with guests, solicit feedback and build relationships
- Use technology platforms to drive guest experience scores
- Achieve brand and corporate goals (daily, monthly, and annually)
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, team members, and hotel assets in compliance with the hotel’s or owner’s policies and procedures and regulatory requirements. This includes maintaining records to company and brand standards
- Maintain relations with outside contacts
- Act as public relations representative to raise awareness of the hotel and brand in the local community. Drive team member involvement in community organizations, activities, and businesses
- Develop and carry out action plans to be environmentally conscious by taking steps to reduce the hotel’s carbon footprint
- Must be accessible or have a designated person, communicated to hotel staff and General Manager’s Supervisor, accessible (during scheduled vacations, etc.) to staff and company for emergency situations 7 days a week/24 hours a day.
- Ensure the hotel is prepared and staff trained for emergency situations and inclement weather conditions
Working Conditions Public, business atmosphere, in which temperatures may vary within reason of indoor climates. Outdoor maintenance of property grounds, as needed.
Lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs. may occur and with assistance, moving up to 50 lbs. Must be able to sit and
- Must have at least 2 years of hotel management experience
- Must be fluent in the ONQ System at the front desk
- Must have a passion for Hospitality Industry
- Must be able to follow directions & adapt to a new environment
- Must be willing to get the required training certification
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification/equivalent in Hotel Management/Business Administration, plus 3 years of Front Office/Guest Service experience including management experience
- Must speak fluent English
$60,000 - $80,000 yearly
About Hotel Lotus Merriam/Kansas City
Began as a small company with a single hotel and one man’s vision to create a luxury experience accessible to everyone. From humble beginnings, Lotus Hospitality has expanded to operate seven hotels in less than a decade. Mark learned through years of hard work and experience how to capitalize on opportunities and maximize the potential of underperforming projects. From the execution of the company’s first major project in Kansas City, Lotus Hospitality’s unique new properties and historic refurbishments have changed the landscape of the city and sparked growth throughout the downtown corridor. But we’re nowhere close to finished.