Holiday Inn Express Kansas City Downtown
Provide day-to-day leadership and direction by maximizing financial returns, driving development of people, creating and maintaining a unique guest experience, executing on brand standards and building awareness of hotel and brand in the local community.
- Be you by being natural, professional and personable in the way you are with people
- Get ready by taking notice and using your knowledge so that you are prepared for anything
- Show you care by being thoughtful in the way you welcome and connect with guests
- Take action by showing initiative, taking ownership and going the extra mile Education/Experience High school diploma or General Education Certificate is required. Additional studies in hospitality are encouraged. Previous Hotel Management Experience is required. Same brand experience is preferred. Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Must have the ability to speak, understand, read and write the English language
- Must be able to multi-task effectively in a busy office and public atmosphere
- Must have the ability to apply appropriate resolution to stressful situations
- Must read and understand the Employee Handbook
- Must be able to follow policy and perform to enhance professionalism in appearance and behavior
- Must be able to perform basic computer skills (including Excel, Word, and E-Mail)
- Must be capable of performing all hourly functions and operating all equipment in hotel. Duties and Responsibilities Financial Returns:
- Assist with the preparation of annual capital, cash flow, and sales and marketing plans to accurately forecast budgets and achieve required operating results
- Analyze financials to drive revenues, future profitability, and maximum return on investment. Use distribution channels and technology platforms to drive revenue and maximize market share
- Lead capital plans and asset management initiatives, including working with the corporate team to maintain or improve property’s market leadership position
- Responsible for daily, monthly, and annual property cash handling procedures, deposits, and security. People:
- Develop programs that drive improvements in team member engagement and are aligned with the brand service behaviors
- Develop, implement and monitor team member succession planning to ensure future bench strength
- Establish performance and development goals for team members and provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to enhance performance
- Ensure team members Brand and Company’s educational standards are met and documented to brand standards
- Oversee any salary, disciplinary or staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with all departments and corporate contacts
- Ensure hotel adequately staffed to business needs and budgeted labor standards. Guest Experience:
- Demonstrate brand citizenship by maintaining compliance with all required brand standards, behaviors, hallmarks and license agreement mandates. This includes passing all brand Quality Assurance Audits and Local Inspections.
- Drive improvement in guest satisfaction goals. Collaborate with colleagues and hotel team members to establish and implement services and programs that meet or exceed guest expectations
- Interact with guests, solicit feedback and build relationships
- Use technology platforms to drive guest experience scores
- Achieve brand and corporate goals (daily, monthly, and annually)
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, team members and hotel assets in compliance with hotel’s or owner’s policies and procedures and regulatory requirements. This includes maintaining records to company and brand standards
- Maintain relations with outside contacts
- Act as public relations representative to raise awareness of hotel and brand in local community. Drive team member involvement in community organizations, activities and businesses
- Develop and carry out action plans to be environmentally-conscious by taking steps to reduce the hotel’s carbon footprint
- Must be accessible or have designated person, communicated to hotel staff and General Manager’s Supervisor, accessible (during scheduled vacations, etc.) to staff and company for emergency situations 7 days a week/24 hours a day.
- Ensure hotel is prepared and staff trained for emergency situations and inclement weather conditions
Working Conditions Public, business atmosphere, in which temperatures may vary within reason of indoor climates. Outdoor maintenance of property grounds, as needed.
Lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs. may occur and with assistance, moving up to 50 lbs. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Must have at least 2 years of hotel front desk experience
- Must be fluent on the Opera PMS System at the front desk
- Must have a passion for Hospitality Industry
- Must be able to follow directions & adapt to a new environment
- Must be willing to get required training certification
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification/equivalent in Hotel Management/Business Administration, plus 3 years of Front Office/Guest Service experience including management experience
- Must speak fluent English
$60,000 - $70,000 yearly
About Holiday Inn Express Kansas City Downtown
Renovated Historic building next to the T-Mobile Center and Power and Light. Holiday Inn Express Kansas City Downtown was designed for business and leisure travelers, this new hotel is conveniently located and accessible to I-70, I-35, I-29, and US 71. We share a backyard with the Central Business District of Kansas City and are adjacent to the T-Mobile Center. The attractions that are just steps away include Kansas City’s Power and Light District, Kansas City Convention Center, Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, Crown Center (home to the international headquarters of Hallmark Cards), the Crossroads Art District, Union Station, and Country Club Plaza are a few of the many exciting places for you to discover while visiting this fine city.