Coakley Bay Condominium Association
General Manager - Condo Association- Christiansted, USVI
A busy and vibrant condominium community is seeking an experienced General Manager to oversee all aspects of the operational, administrative, financial, human resources, maintenance and security functions of a 100-unit condominium complex located on the east end of St. Croix, US Virgin Islands. You will work with a staff of maintenance, landscaping, and office personnel to complete required tasks (7-9 employees). A strong mechanical background is important as well as the ability to communicate effectively with the Board of Directors, maintenance and landscaping staff foremen, and office manager. You must be able to demonstrate a strong Project Management track record as a requirement for this position.
- Oversee and inspect all aspects of maintenance and repairs including but not limited to all buildings, grounds, and water and sewage facilities.
- Be available and directly responsible to the BOD president and directors.
- Hire additional staff (or temps) when necessary, with the approval of BOD president and personnel committee.
- Coach, mentor and develop team members in their job roles.
- Develop and implement measurable goals for team members to track progress and hold individuals accountable to their
- job descriptions.
- Communicate disciplinary issues with team members to personnel committee and BOD president.
- Create a preventative maintenance program for all building and maintenance plants.
- Obtain and maintain all required permits in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the BOD to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes and
- personnel to adequately accommodate the success of the association.
- Provide a monthly GM report which is presented and reviewed at BOD monthly board meetings.
- Ensure that all team members maintain an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with the
- association’s policy manual.
- Develop, implement, and ensure adherence to criteria with respect to safety, cleanliness and maintenance of the
- Create an environment that promotes the association’s culture and values daily.
- Perform regular performance reviews and counseling sessions when necessary. Document all interactions timely and
- Adhere to all accounting, invoice and bookkeeping procedures.
- Respond to after-hours calls from BOD officers in the event of an EMERGENCY, ie: lack of water, grey water, electric,
- septic, fire or injury.
- Seek BOD approval on all expenditure’s that exceeds manager’s authority.
- Show courtesy and consideration to all team members and owners.
- Know and enforce the By-Law, rules and regulation and declarations of the association.
- Other duties assigned by the BOD.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor degree or higher (highly preferred)
- 5+ years of complex business and/or managerial experience (required)
- Strong maintenance and mechanical background) (highly preferred)
- Strong communication skills (required)
- Strong leadership skills (required)
- Property management experience (highly preferred)
$55,000 - $65000
About Coakley Bay Condominium Association
We are a 100-unit condominium complex located on the famous East End of St. Croix, outside of Christiansted, USVI. Naturally, we’re biased, but we think this is just about the best place to live or visit on St. Croix -- and maybe in the whole Virgin Islands!
Unlike most other communities, we provide a full-time office, maintenance, and landscaping staff to look after the buildings, grounds, and pool for the property owners.
We offer competitive compensation, paid holidays, and sick time.