Our established utility company is looking for a reliable and capable general laborer to join our team. You’ll follow the project foreman’s direction to prepare job sites, load and unload material, remove debris, help team members, and do any other tasks to ensure the customer is satisfied with our work. You should love doing something different every day and take pride in a job well done. Want good pay and flexible hours working on a great team? Apply today!
- Clean up any tools, trash, and building materials once construction is complete to ensure a clean worksite
- Adhere to all health and safety regulations on-site to ensure that you and your team members are not injured
- Unload and stack all building materials and tools needed for a project so that everything is accessible and easy to find for the project
- Work with your crew through all stages of the project to make sure that the job is done efficiently
- Clear away any trash, debris, or hazardous materials to prep the site before construction begins
- Provides assistance with all distribution activities involved with the installation, repair and maintenance of the distribution system.
- Uses a variety of tools (hand, air, shovels, etc.) while performing distribution crew activities.
- Actively and accurately captures documentation in the Mobile Data Terminal and recognizes abnormal operating conditions such as corrosion, meters under stress, etc.
- Assists in connecting and disconnecting gas service, manually turning meters on and off.
- Assists in performing regular meter inspections, paints and maintenance of above and below ground gas systems
- Responds to questions from customers and provides answers directly or by referral.
- Operates Automated Dispatch system to complete meter reads and turn-offs service at customer’s premise.
- Must be willing to work Overtime hours when needed.
- Must be able to take direction, work well independently and as part of a team for efficiency and productivity
- Some experience using construction equipment, forklift, hand tools, and power tools highly preferred
- Our crew members must be physically able to do the work with reliable hand-eye coordination and balance
- Experience with construction builds is a big plus, but we are willing to train on the job for motivated candidates
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Good written and oral communication
- Ability to use good judgment when working in potentially hazardous and emergency environments
- MS Office and Computer skills – basic proficiency
- Mechanical aptitude
- Able to operate basic equipment, machinery, and simple tools
- Ability to resolve and diffuse difficult/escalated situations
- Ability to smell odorant used to detect gas leaks
- Field operations experience to include distribution crew work
- Experience with heavy equipment operations
- Technical school training and certification
- Welding experience or certification; Commercial driver’s license or permit
$18.50 - $22 hourly
About Joe Knows
Joe Knows delivers added value by providing experienced employees in multiple industries, who possess communication and leadership skills that support the goals of the team.
Our goal is to provide more certainty in regard to the performance of the team. We do this through a proprietary platform that provides information in regard to technical skills, past performance, and assessment of potential.