As the General Account Clerk and Bookkeeper you will be responsible for receiving and recording payments, researching and resolving discrepancies and preparing bank deposits. You will also reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted. Following-up on past due accounts is also important.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
Common job activities are listed below; actual position responsibilities may vary.
- Receive, verify and record accounts receivable transactions including wires, checks, and credit card payments.
- Assign coding to assure accurate tracing of all receipts.
- Perform batch entry and other data input, key verifications, review amounts and accounts for data accuracy.
- Balance receipts and prepare daily cash deposits.
- Maintain files and records of charges.
- Total accounts, prepare account statements and generate reports as required.
- Follow up to expedite payment. Record deposits into the appropriate general ledger account or accounts receivable account. Complete month-end and other reconciliations.
- Research billing discrepancies. Facilitate the collection of past due accounts. May process rent, third party and builder invoices and bill the customers.
- Respond to accounts receivable questions, verify franchise fees and serve as a liaison with other departments regarding questions.
- May assist with accounts payable and commission processing activities. May run, sort and distribute commission payments to sales associates.
- May reconcile statements, trial balances and A/R ledgers.
- Sort and distribute mail, and handle miscellaneous copying and filing.
- Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- Meet all performance and behavior expectations outlined in the company performance appraisal form or communicated by management.
- Perform responsibilities as directed achieving desired results within expected time frames and with a high degree of quality and professionalism.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive work relationships with all staff, customers and business partners.
- Demonstrate the behavioral and technical competencies necessary to effectively complete job responsibilities. Take personal initiative for technical and professional development.
- Follow the company HR Policy, the Code of Business Conduct and all subsidiary and department policies and procedures, including protecting confidential company information, attending work punctually and regularly, and following good safety practices in all activities.
- Degree in accounting or business; or equivalent knowledge and work experience.
- 1 to 3 years of accounts receivable and G/L experience. Related industry experience helpful.
- Experience working with vendors and customers.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong calculator and computer skills; proficiency in Excel and accounting software systems.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and interest.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Perform and prioritize multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
$40,000 - $50,000
About Georgia Properties
Thinking of beginning a career in real estate or redefining your career at a new brokerage? Join the dominant market leader.
Georgia Properties has over 1,600 associates and 23 offices across the Greater Metro Atlanta area. We offer a full suite of integrated real estate services including residential real estate, luxury real estate, new homes sales and marketing, commercial real estate, corporate relocation, property management, mortgage lending, title and settlement services, home warranties and insurance.
The company has been consistently ranked the No. 1 real estate company by the Atlanta Business Chronicle, Trendgraphix, RealValuator and SmartNumbers. RealTrends ranked the company as one of the top 17 in the nation for performance over the past 10 years.