If you enjoy working outdoors, being part of a team environment, & protecting the community all while building a long-lasting career, continue reading.
We are looking for a capable and reliable entry-level general technician to join our team. You will be a member of a crew engaged in installing, maintaining, and repairing gas mains and service
- Adhere to all health and safety regulations on-site to ensure that you and your team members are not injured
- Clean up any tools, trash, and building materials once construction is complete to ensure a clean worksite
- Load, unload and prepare any tools or materials on site that will be used to complete the build, so the crew can operate efficiently
- Provides assistance with all distribution activities involved with the installation, repair and maintenance of the distribution system.
- Uses a variety of tools (hand, air, shovels, etc.) while performing distribution crew activities.
- Actively and accurately captures documentation in the Mobile Data Terminal and recognizes abnormal operating conditions such as corrosion, meters under stress, etc.
- Assists in connecting and disconnecting gas service, manually turning meters on and off.
- Assists in performing regular meter inspections, paints and maintenance of above and below ground gas systems
- Responds to questions from customers and provides answers directly or by referral.
- Operates Automated Dispatch system to complete meter reads and turn-offs service at customer’s premise.
- Must be willing to work Overtime hours when needed.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Must be able to take direction, work well independently and as part of a team for efficiency and productivity
- This work requires physical agility, solid hand-eye coordination, and a good sense of balance
- Good written and oral communication
- Ability to use good judgment when working in potentially hazardous and emergency environments
- MS Office and Computer skills – basic proficiency
- Mechanical aptitude
- Able to operate basic equipment, machinery, and simple tools
- Ability to resolve and diffuse difficult/escalated situations
- Ability to smell odorant used to detect gas leaks
- Field operations experience to include distribution crew work
- Experience with heavy equipment operations
- Technical school training and certification
- Welding experience or certification; Commercial driver’s license or permit
$18 - $20 per hour
About Joe Knows
Joe Knows delivers added value by providing experienced employees in multiple industries, who possess communication and leadership skills that support the goals of the team.
Our goal is to provide more certainty in regard to the performance of the team. We do this through a proprietary platform that provides information in regards to technical skills, past performance, and assessment of potential. Joe Knows Energy, LLC. is an EOE employer and a non-smoking office.
In addition to completing this information, we encourage you to check us out at www.joeknowsenergy.com.