Procedure No.: JD-150.1
Job Title: Furnace Operator
Hours: 5AM to 3:30PM
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Compliance with all OSHA regulations, follow all safety rules and report any unsafe conditions, properly use any personal protection equipment and comply with 5S guidelines to insure a clean and organized work place are essential.
- Operates cranes, lift truck with boom or forks, and other equipment in a safe manner
- Locates and organizes slugs and parts to be annealed per production schedule
- Loads and unloads charge tables as instructed by production control manager
- Completes startup and shutdown procedures, and performs preventive maintenance on furnace, NX and RX and back-up generator
- Restarts the furnaces after power failures
- Reads Honeywell chart paper recorder on control panel and uses a supervisory computer to handle furnace loads
- Calibrates MSA gas analyzer
- Performs complex functions of UDC computer and supervisory computer in manual mode, such as completing a UDC 9000 computer download through when the supervisory computer goes blank (performed or assisted by Salem Furnace Co.)
- Complete paperwork to insure all information is properly recorded and able to perform daily, weekly and monthly checklists
- Performs preventive maintenance on furnace, NX, RX and backup generator
- Other duties may be assigned
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three months related experience and/or training.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, reach with hands and arms; climb and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate - loud.
Pride, passion and performance are the hallmark of our associates and we are looking for choice individuals that want to serve the communities in which they work. Join us!!