SES Group of Companies LLC
SpecPro Environmental Services (SES) Energy Services LLC is expanding its staff and requires the addition of a Site Superintendent to facilitate growth in our Sustainment, Restoration and Modernization (SRM) Fuels Program. The Fuels Superintendent provides general oversight, inspections and quality control measures, implemented by SES, for all aspects of our Military Fuels System construction projects and may occasionally assist in QC audit trips in support of our Routine Maintenance & Minor Repair (RMMR) Fuels Program.
The Site QCM shall provide the fuel system operations and maintenance experience in order to identify and implement a high standard of project quality during preconstruction, construction and closeout phases. Completeness of QC deliverables directly represents SES's work on-site to meet and/or exceed government regulations and standards, resulting in a quality product for our client(s). THIS POSITION WILL REQUIRE TRAVELING.
The position will have the following general responsibilities:
- Assist the Project Manager in the development of a 3-week look ahead field schedule and the approved Project Schedule, and work with the Project Manager to keep the schedules properly updated with a continual focus on critical path activity completion.
- Daily on-site construction management of both self-performance field staff and site subcontractors to complete construction activities on schedule, on budget, and in accordance with approved plans, specifications, and applicable construction industry standards.
- To examine the contract drawings, specifications, and addenda for design deficiencies, impractical details, and possible code violations, and to bring these to the attention of the Project Manager
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing and executing Request for Information (RFIs) requests when site situations arise in order to remedy issues quickly and cost-effectively and avoid schedule delays.
- Conduct weekly coordination/progress meetings with site subcontractors and communicate results to the Project Manager.
- Receive and review Subcontractor Daily Reports of work completed, crew labor on-site, and materials installed or stored.
- Manage and communicate effectively with the Project Managers, Site QCM, Site Safety Officer, and Government Inspectors to maintain sight safety and security standards throughout the project site.
- Assist the Project Manager in identifying the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims and determining an acceptable resolution.
- Understand the USACE 3-Phase QC inspection process and its application to fuels infrastructure projects. Work in concert with the Site QCM to produce a high-quality construction project in compliance with approved drawings and specifications and ensure that project documentation is acceptable for beneficial occupancy and successful government project closeout requirements.
- College Education is preferred but not mandatory.
- Military or Commercial/Industrial fuels background with 5 years aviation Fuel System Maintenance and Operations experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience as Site Superintendent on DoD/Military POL facilities managing daily construction on projects involving Fuels Infrastructure improvements, API 653 tank repairs, tank cleaning, API 570 pipeline repairs, and civil/structural facility improvements, startup/commissioning and closeout activities.
- Certification in USACE Construction Quality Control Management system and 3-Phase QC inspection methods.
- Prior military or private/industrial sector experience in Liquid Fuels Maintenance (LFM) or Petroleum, Oil and Lubricant (POL) Operations is preferred but not mandatory.
- Working knowledge of Uniform Facilities Guide Specifications (UGS), UFC 3-460-01 Design: Petroleum Fuel Facilities, UFC 3-460-03 O&M: Maintenance of Petroleum Systems, AW78-24-27: DoD Aboveground Vertical Steel Fuel Tanks with Fixed Roof, AW78-24-28: DoD Pressurized Hydrant Fueling System Type III
- Familiarity with API 653, API 570, STI, ASME B16.5, and ASME 31.3
- General familiarity with USACE EM 385-1-1 and OSHA Construction Safety standards and practices.
- Capability with Microsoft 365 Office Suite applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Project
About SES Group of Companies LLC
SES Group of Companies LLC LEADS the way to a sustainable future for all stakeholders via our leadership (L), excellence (E), accountability (A), dedication (D), and safety (S). Our vision is to be industry leaders for energy, environmental, and infrastructure solutions through sustainable growth, commitment to excellent performance, and continuous innovation. At the heart of our core values, vision, and mission are our people.
We offer a great benefits package complete with medical, dental, vision and FSA; 401K matching; profit sharing; and paid time off (PTO). We want you to want to come to work.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to any protected category. We are also an advocate of preferential hiring and professional development of qualified Bristol Bay Native Corporation shareholders, their spouses and descendants, and Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.