SES Group of Companies LLC
SpecPro Environmental Services (SES) Energy Services LLC is expanding its staff and requires the addition of a Site Quality Control Manager (Site QCM) to facilitate growth in our Sustainment, Restoration, and Modernization (SRM) Fuels Program. The Site QCM provides general oversight, inspections, and quality control measures, implemented by SES, for all aspects of our Military Fuels System construction projects and may occasionally assist in QC audit trips in support of our Routine Maintenance & Minor Repair (RMMR) Fuels Program.
The Site QCM shall provide the fuel system operations and maintenance experience in order to identify and implement a high standard of project quality during preconstruction, construction, and closeout phases. Completeness of QC deliverables directly represents SES's work on-site to meet and/or exceed government regulations and standards, resulting in a quality product for our client(s). THIS POSITION WILL REQUIRE TRAVELING.
The position reports directly to the Fuels Program Quality Control Manager and coordinates activities with the Project Managers, Maintenance Managers, and Service Order Managers. A Quality Control Manager will perform the following specific roles:
- Develop and draft project-specific Quality Control Plans and all other associated plans.
- Conduct field reviews and inspections of ongoing and completed work to verify competency and accuracy with respect to approved construction methods and applications.
- Work with other company principals and project designers and engineers to develop cost-effective design solutions, create a Submittal Register and work with the PM and DOR to coordinate submittal approvals.
- Monitor Quality Control measures on multiple job sites simultaneously with proper coordination and documentation.
- Development of effective communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts among the various participants.
- Assist in developing, drafting, and enforcing project-specific Accident Protection Plan (APP) and Health and Safety Plan (HASP) measures on each project, in conjunction with the Safety Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The position will have the following general responsibilities:
- Oversee quality control procedures on fuels projects, maintenance activities, and service orders, including coordination and review of third-party inspections and material testing.
- Work with the Project Manager(s), Maintenance Managers, and Service Order Managers to create current and relevant quality control measures and project-specific QC requirements.
- Monitor construction, maintenance, and repair activities to ensure that they are moving according to predetermined schedules while complying with project drawings and specifications and applicable construction industry standards.
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing and executing Request for Information (RFIs) requests with designers and engineers and when site issues arise in order to remedy issues quickly and cost-effectively and avoid schedule delays.
- Manage and communicate effectively with the Project Managers, Superintendents, and Site Managers regarding quality control performance issues.
- Assist the Project Manager in identifying the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims, and determining an acceptable resolution. Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
- Perform and follow the USACE 3 phase inspection process.
- Perform field inspections to ensure compliance and quality.
- Ensure project documents and deliverables are complete and accurate.
Minimum qualifications, skills, and educational requirements:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school in construction related technical field such as: engineering, science/technology, construction management, or other related field.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience managing POL construction projects including DoD/Military POL facilities, Fuels Infrastructure improvements, API 653 tank repairs, tank cleaning, API 570 pipeline repairs and environmental related improvements/repairs.
- DoD construction experience with experience managing projects with USACE, NAVFAC, AFCEC, ANG, AF Reserve, US Coast Guard and other agencies is desirable.
- Working knowledge of Uniform Facilities Guide Specifications (UGS), UFC 3-460-01 Design: Petroleum Fuel Facilities, UFC 3-460-03 O&M: Maintenance of Petroleum Systems, AW78-24-27: DoD Aboveground Vertical Steel Fuel Tanks with Fixed Roof, AW78-24-28: DoD Pressurized Hydrant Fueling System Type III
- Broad knowledge of POL systems sufficient to communicate and understand technical issues
- Familiarity with API 653, API 570, STI, ASME B16.5 and ASME 31.3
- Knowledge of USACE Construction Quality Control Management system and methods.
- Capability with Microsoft 365 Office Suite applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Project.
- College Education preferred but not mandatory.
- Military or Commercial/Industrial fuels background with 5 years aviation Fuel System Maintenance and Operations experience
- 2 years of experience as a site Quality Control Manager on DOD Fuels System construction and repair projects.
- Prior military experience in Liquid Fuels Maintenance or Petroleum, Oil and Lubricant Operations is preferred.
- General familiarity with OSHA Construction Safety standards and practices.
$105,000 - $120,000
About SES Group of Companies LLC
SES Group of Companies LLC LEADS the way to a sustainable future for all stakeholders via our leadership (L), excellence (E), accountability (A), dedication (D), and safety (S). Our vision is to be industry leaders for energy, environmental, and infrastructure solutions through sustainable growth, commitment to excellent performance, and continuous innovation. At the heart of our core values, vision, and mission are our people.
We offer a great benefits package complete with medical, dental, vision and FSA; 401K matching; profit sharing; and paid time off (PTO). We want you to want to come to work.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to any protected category. We are also an advocate of preferential hiring and professional development of qualified Bristol Bay Native Corporation shareholders, their spouses and descendants, and Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.