Hilton Garden Inn Pittsford
Are you a motivated team leader looking to grow your career? The award-winning Hilton Garden Inn Pittsford is hiring for a Front Office Supervisor!
We are a fast-paced hotel that consistently delivers stellar service to our guests, as well as an enriching and rewarding workplace for our associates. If you want to be part of a team with a focus on continuous improvement, exceeding guest expectations and a passion for hospitality, we invite you to apply with us!
The Front Office Supervisor is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests prior to arrival and throughout their stay, while maximizing suite revenue and occupancy. In addition, this position assists the Assistant General Manager/Director of Guest Services in the training and supervising of employees. A Front Office Manager is responsible for the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore must perform the tasks below to the highest standards.
- Monitor staffing levels to ensure appropriate coverage for business demand.
- Set departmental objectives, work schedules, budgets, policies and procedures.
- Ensure that team members have current knowledge of hotel products, services, pricing and policies, as well as familiarity of the local area.
- Conduct monthly one-on-one meetings, as well as departmental meetings.
- Check all hotel guests in and out in a confident, professional and personalized manner.
- Welcome and register hotel guests, explain the accommodations and establish the credit or method of payment.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to provide clear direction to staff.
- Comply with New Castle Hotel and Resorts' standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Use hotel communication tools to log and notify fellow associates and supervisors of pertinent information.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for the team and other associates; know and communicate hotel emergency procedures; inform and assist guests in emergencies.
- Administer counseling and discipline to team members as necessary, and provide training and recognition to employees at all levels to maintain a team-oriented environment.
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the Front Office Team.
- Maintain good communication and working relationships with all departments.
- Meet or exceed budgeted profit goals and maintain labor efficiency ratios to ensure excellent guest service and cost-effectiveness.
- Comply with local and New Castle Hotel and Resorts’ security, fire regulations and all health and safety policies.
- Understand and enforce all cash handling, check handling, tax exempt and credit policies.
- Maintain accuracy and thoroughness of various reporting requested on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Engage with guests and follow up to ensure complete resolution; respond to guest feedback, looking at such as an opportunity to build guest satisfaction.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Implement changes that could improve service and increase operational efficiency.
- Assist in any other task or duties as requested by management.
Who you are
- A team player with a heart for hospitality.
- Entrepreneurial at heart and innovative in mind.
- A long-term thinker.
- Customer-focused, with guests, clients and employees at the forefront of your thinking.
- Nimble and able to adapt to change quickly.
- Committed to sharing and togetherness and value the family mindset of our organization.
- Aware that a good reputation is a huge asset to a hotel and committed to being a representative of that great reputation.
- An excellent communicator.
- Naturally curious and value listening to solve problems.
- Comfortable following directions, guidelines and work objectives.
- Capable of exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally.
- Capable of standing for an entire or shift or for an extended amount of time.
- Capable of reaching overhead, utilizing both hands, leaning over, stooping and kneeling.
- A plus: Practiced, with six months' related experience in hospitality or a service industry.
- A must: Eager to be part of a great work culture and team.
About Hilton Garden Inn Pittsford
We're just off I-490, within three miles of Windstream and New York Life corporations, as well as Eastview Mall. Pittsford, Nazareth College, and St. John Fisher College are within five miles. Downtown Rochester is 15 minutes away, and it's 18 miles to the airport. We offer breakfast and dinner in our Garden Grille & Bar and meeting rooms with smart TVs.