Holiday Inn Express
Assists General Manager with the daily operations, primarily at front desk. Assists in handling all aspects of Operations to ensure quality service to both guests, fellow employees, vendors, and ownership. Handles much of the administrative duties of front desk, to include the following:
- Reports directly to GM, followed by Regional Director of Operations, and ownership
- Ensures that all FD staff is delivering the highest level of guest interaction and satisfaction
- Reviews required Audit Reports daily and assesses for mistakes and corrects any problems ASAP
- Ensures Advance Deposits, No Shows, 3rd parties are billed correctly on a daily basis, with support from GM
- Works with GM and front desk team to manage efficient check in/ check out processes to drive room revenues, i.e Perfect Sell Strategy, qualifying reservations, proper room assignments, proactively anticipating VIPs and members, etc.
- Responsible for FD inventories and supply requests in this dept
- Typically appointed as Champion and upholds all responsibilities of the title according to Standard
- Responsible for making front desk schedule and posting in a timely manner (team reports changes to him/ her). Ensures properly manned and trained personnel for all FD shifts at all times
- Assists in hiring processes for all depts, especially front desk agents
- Manages FD training to ensure IHG and ownership’s standards are met at all times
- Assists GM in ensuring all Direct Bill accounts are handled, billed and collected accurately and in a timely manner
- Assists GM in the upkeep of all QA documentation log books, i.e. ADA, Service Recovery, 100%s, etc.
- Assists GM in answering all surveys and Guest Assistance queries in a timely manner that meets Brand requirements and that of ownership
- Responsible for daily Tax Exemption documentation.
- Follows up on Shift Logs with team, reports issues to GM for resolution
- Acts as liaison and support between all depts for communication and smooth operations as a whole to ensure Brand expectation
- Inspects 5 rooms once per week and communicates findings to GM
- Partner with GM with Sales efforts, including but not limited to: group inquiries, bookings, contracts, communication with POCs, and works to secure future business on the books while maintaining budget goals
- Attends Sales Meetings and communicates any information/ strategies to front desk team
- Assist GM in hosting morning huddles with housekeeping when possible
- Attend Revenue calls when scheduling allows
- Submit reports and checklist information in a timely manner to GM/ Ownership
- Become proficient with all computer systems and all reporting functions
- Understand that as demand fluctuates in the hotel with events group occupancy, scheduling is subject to change. Must be able and willing to work as needed to fit the needs of hotel and team.
- Position includes weekends, nights, audit shifts, and holidays if necessary
- Must be available at all times via cell phone or email
- Perform any and all duties not specifically outlined above that are an inherent part of the position.Perform and execute any requests made by corporate or supervisor in a cooperative and expeditious manner
$12 - $13 hourly
About Holiday Inn Express
At Holiday Inn Express, Albany, GA, our mission statement is simple:
“To provide legendary service to our guests by empowering our team to consistently deliver the spirit of hospitality in a safe and respectful working environment."