We need a Customer Service Specialist – also called our Director of First Impressions – to be the relationship builder and frontline of our Firm’s customer service department. You will play an important role in helping us provide a compassionate and outstanding customer experience.
We rely on you to be on-site and ready to work from open to close each business day. This is a full-time position.
- Assist with other administrative tasks, such as data entry, copying, filing etc.
- Make appointments for employees and ensure the calendar is current and correct
- Assure incoming and outgoing mail is managed appropriately and handle deliveries
- Give every employee, client, and visitor a warm welcome at the front desk and communicate any important information or directions
- Take incoming phone calls and respond to emails and ensure the appropriate people receive all relevant information
What you’ll do:
- Provide front-line customer service to clients, potential clients, community contacts, referral sources, and others, by greeting visitors, screening emails, and answering incoming calls to schedule consultations for potential clients
- Schedule prospects and potential clients for initial consultations and meetings with the legal team
- Help clients troubleshoot technical issues over the phone and through email; make appointments for attorneys or send to our referral network
- Help clients understand how to be an “A+” client
- Help constantly improve the client experience through consistent communication
- Do basic data entry and office support tasks such as mail, postage, FedEx, and scanning
- At least one year of receptionist or administrative assistant, experience, or similar preferred
- Must have graduated high school, received a G.E.D. or equivalent
- Has previous experience with word processing programs and basic computer skills
- Comfortable taking telephone calls and mitigating stressful situations
- Displays impeccable interpersonal, time management, organizational, and customer service skills
What skills and experience you’ll need:
- Prior experience in customer service, client relations, or a similar field is also required
- Contact with the public, professionals, potential new clients, and clients is an essential job function
- Prior experience with copying, scanning, filing, data entry, basic internet searches for common information.
- You should be comfortable with basic office technology: Windows, Word processing, Email, Calendaring, PowerPoint, Social media, PDF, electronic document management
- You should be able to use basic office equipment such as a desktop computer, desk scanner, copy machine, multi-line phone, Fax, and postage meter
- You need to demonstrate the capacity and desire to quickly learn and implement new technology and systems
- It is helpful, but not necessary, to have prior experience in a law firm or in the legal services industry
- Bilingual preferred
What attitudes and traits will serve you well:
- Conveys confidence on the phone, with a smile
- Shows empathy to clients and puts them at ease
- Personable, likable, someone clients and referral sources will compliment
- Organized and flexible
- Innovative in finding the best way to do your job and help the firm
- Self-directed in your daily activities (e., setting priorities, working toward deadlines)
- Willingness to take direction
- Flexibility to change priorities as needed throughout the day
- Changing gears and moving between tasks quickly without getting derailed (or derailing others).
- Being vocal; letting the partners/supervisors know what works/what doesn’t; who is a good client/who is not; who is a good referral source/who is not
- Knowing that there are things you don’t know; knowing when to ask questions; not being afraid to ask questions
$11 - $14 hourly
About Shupe Dhawan
If you join our team you will get to work in a supportive, fun, and exciting workplace. In addition, you will receive the following:
- A minimum of 18 (PTO and Holidays) paid days off within your first year after a 90-day probationary period.
- Job training and support.
Who are we?
We are a multi-practice, statewide Florida law firm. We are growing rapidly. The firm has a stellar reputation in the community and we only hire the best. You'll be on a team of amazing coworkers who always have your back.
We have built a firm where we'd like to work so that you will too!