We're looking for Member Services Associates to work our front desks. They are the first person to greet members when they come in! They are responsible for selling memberships, registering for programs, helping members with questions, and answering phones. All YMCA employees get a free Y membership, program discounts, and flexible hours!
The Member Service Associate is responsible for creating a welcoming experience for all members and guests in a friendly, helpful, and professional manner; efficiently and effectively selling memberships and program registrations; monitoring building access, and acting on behalf of the Membership and Health and Wellness Director in their absence.
1. Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the Y, on the phone, and by email.
2. Must be proficient in the use of DAXKO, the YMCA website, and the APP in the areas of locating information, membership sales, and program registration.
3. Must have a strong knowledge of all membership types, programs, policies, and processes.
4. Effectively manage all incoming telephone calls, which includes proper greetings, routing, and paging.
5. Safeguard the Welcome Center desks, cash drawer, and safe at all times. Accurately account for all monies received during shift and deposit in safe.
6. Help to maintain a clean, attractive, and well-organized Welcome Center area.
7. Follow all requirements outlined in the Staff Expectations.
8. Complete the Member Services Report during shifts.
9. Be familiar with building safety procedures, our area, and offerings at the other branch.
10. Must attend mandatory staff meetings.
11. Perform any other duties assigned by the Director.
The Woodson YMCA is an engine of transformation in our community. Our programs, services and initiatives: enable kids to realize their potential, prepare teens for leadership, offer ways for families to have fun together, empower people to be healthier in spirit, mind and body, welcome and embrace newcomers and help foster a service ethic. We instill our core values of Caring, Honesty, Responsibility and Respect throughout our Y programs.
People come to the Y to learn, have fun and get fit. But they soon discover skills, confidence, a sense of well-being and a connection to the world around them. You can find a gym, swimming pool or a treadmill in lots of places but it is our cause that makes the Y different. After serving our community for 127 years, just think of all those lives we have shaped and the future we have changed for the better. We really do strengthen the foundation of our community.