Peak - Columbia Branch
A warehouse associate is responsible for many tasks in the warehouse. Some of the duties are preparing and palletizing products so they can either be moved or stored. Much of this is going to be done through manual labor and the utilization of a forklift. There are also some machine- assisted wrapping devices that are utilized as well.
- Load, unload, move, stack and stage product and materials using a fork lift, clamp truck, or other power equipment.
- Unload inbounds shipments safely and move product to storage locations. Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate area.
- Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped. Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards.
- Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into rail cars or trailers.
- On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on the fork lift or other equipment. Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
- Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained. Examine material for accuracy and damage. Report quality concerns. Assist in physical inventories. Ensure proper stock rotation.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse. Conduct operations in a manner which promotes safety.
- Clean, take out trash, sweep and mop.
- Experience with pulp paper bale clamp and paper roll clamp a PLUS.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to read, write and do basic math functions
- Must have or obtain a forklift certification
- Must be able to lift 50 or more pounds
- Must be able to work in different climates
- Must be able to do repetitive movements
$13 - $14 hourly
About Peak - Columbia Branch
Pride, passion and performance are the hallmark of our associates and we are looking for choice individuals who want to serve our clients and the communities in which they work. Join Us!!