Universal Lift Systems
Are you mechanically minded and looking for the next step in your career? We’re now seeking material handling industry pros with a knack for problem-solving to join our service department as a field or shop mechanic. You’ll troubleshoot everything from large diesel units to small electric pallet jacks, conducting preventive maintenance and structural repairs along the way. We need a candidate with stellar communication skills and a strong work ethic. This position requires a tooled and skilled mechanic. If this sounds like you, start your application today!
- Collaborate with supervisors and fellow auto mechanics to diagnose and repair vehicles’ mechanical issues
- Identify and address mechanical problems and malfunction codes found in the vehicle's electrical system, mechanical systems, and electronic systems
- Provide preventive maintenance work like replacing brake pads, adjusting fluids, rotating tires, completing oil changes, and servicing the air conditioning
- Perform system inspections, test drives, and diagnostic tests to determine necessary repair work
- Preparing estimates, timelines, and other necessary documents for auto repairs
- Identify and address mechanical problems and malfunction codes found in the forklift electrical system and mechanical system
- Encourage and facilitate preventative maintenance, brake replacement, etc.
- An associate's degree from a vocational or technical school and/or ASE certification are a plus
- A valid driver’s license is necessary
- High school diploma or GED equivalent necessary
- Good manual dexterity and effective use of hand tools and other equipment needed for vehicle repairs
- Strong work ethic and excellent communication skills are necessary
- Journeyman tool set required
$26 - $35 hourly
About Universal Lift Systems
Your local one-stop shop for all of our customer forklift needs. Universal Lift Systems is a great place to work with a multitude of support from the team! We offer medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Paid time off and paid sick time are also provided to all full-time employees.