Badger State Fruit Processing, Inc.
The Food Safety Manager oversees the overall food safety of the product to meet customer specifications in compliance with the company’s Safe Quality Food Program (SQF) in both our Sweet and Dried and Juice Production plants located in Pittsville, WI.
- Manage the site’s HACCP plans
- Provide technical support as necessary
- Conduct group meetings with all production departments to maintain open communication, air out concerns and keep our people well informed of food safety topics and concerns
- Provide food safety training to employees
- Interact with Sales to review, investigate and address customer complaints
- Develop, implement and manage environmental monitoring programs (ex. PEM, water)
- Ensure compliance to FSMA expectations through program development, implementation and maintenance
- Support customer relations through request response
- Provide regulatory support as necessary
- Interact with outside labs for product testing
- Ensure that all food safety procedures and standards are being adhered to at all times
- Ensure compliance to GMPs and SQF expectations through on-the-floor presence and documentation review
Education and Experience
: Completed a HACCP training course and competent to maintain HACCP plans. PCQI and SQF certification required with at least 2 years experience.
Knowledge and Understanding
: Have an understanding of the SQF Code (level 2)
- Familiar with FDA and FSMA regulatory
Has the ability to solicit, process and integrate inputs and ideas from peers and executives. Recognizes areas of conflict or disagreement and deals with them through open and honest dialogue. Effectively provides feedback.
: Strong computer skills
$40,000 to $50,000 salary
About Badger State Fruit Processing, Inc.
We strive to consistently provide our customers with a safe, secure, premium, high quality product and service.
First and foremost, Badger State Fruit Processing is a cranberry company. The cranberry is the focus of our business. We are a fully integrated cranberry company and our story begins on the marsh with our ownership of the cranberries.
We are one of the largest independent growers in the country with our own receiving station, cold storage freezers, juice concentrating facility, sweetened dried facility, our distribution warehouses and Gardner Trucking. We deliver superior quality fruit and superior customer service to our customers.
We strive to exceed our customer's expectations, as we look to increase our profitability.